Investment Performance Report in Error

The attached screen shot of my 12 month Investment Performance for the growth of $10,000 is nowhere near reality (would be nice if it was). The months prior to December 2019 are showing a Zero $ and starting December 2019, the growth shows well over $200,000,000! Like I said, nowhere near reality. Please take a look at the screen shot and tell me any insight and advice you might have. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try deleting the graph from the view and re-adding it. Sometimes Quicken needs a swift kick.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Jig
    Jig Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your suggestion Rocket. I can't find a way to delete this graph. It is found under the tab "Investment Performance" and is the graph titled "Growth of $10,000" This doesn't seem to be a customizable graph except for the time frame. BTW, the "Year to Date" time frame works fine but anything older than December 2019 is caddywampus. I've been a Quicken user since the early 90's and this upgrade to the subscription is the first "corruption" I've had with the display of information. Might you have any other suggestions please?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Yes, I see the graph cannot be deleted from that view. It can, however, be added and removed from other views. For example, on my Home screen, I have a Graphs tab which contains this same graph. I can remove it and re-add it there at will. Maybe you can create this graph on some Home view and it will behave better. Quicken is a mystery.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would likely work from the customization of the graph -- accounts, securities, and dates.  The goal would be to determine what happened to what account and security in Dec, 2019 (11/30/19 - 12/31/19) to create that jump.  Hovering over the dots should reveal the actual account values, and net additions.   
  • Jig
    Jig Member ✭✭
    Thank you Lurker. You set me on the right course and it appears that a Conversion of one mutual fund into another near identical mutual fund, with a lower expense ratio, that occurred December in my IRA set the data crazy. My accounts all balance with my mutual fund company and interestingly no $ were invested nor distributed. Somehow this zero sum mutual fund conversion created these fantastically gross miscalculations. When I negate my IRA from the graph, it displays correctly (minus my IRA).

Just out of curiosity, any ideas as to why this might happen? In any event, thank you again for your input.
  • Jig
    Jig Member ✭✭
    Rocket, thank you for the suggestion. I tried it with your help but it didn't change anything. I suspect now that it has to do with the conversion of a mutual fund. Somehow when I downloaded the QDF file from my investment company, the conversion was handled in such a way as to grossly skew numbers. I can't find an error in the transactions but something went wonky.

Thank you for your time and screenshots on how to attempt this deletion. They were very helpful in showing me how to perform this maneuver.
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you used the mutual fund conversion action that may be the cause.  If so  you could go back and remove the remove and the add shares transactions on the date of the conversion, and redo it using the corporate acquisition action instead.  Backup first!
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Jig
    Jig Member ✭✭
    Sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion Bob. I've been using Quicken since the early 90's and therefore had a couple hundred entries to remove and add back. Long story short...I accidentally hit the "Mutual Fund Conversion" button instead of the "Corporate Acquisition" and the same problem returned. I haven't the finger stamina to do it again soon. I will try again in the future. I have a feeling you were on the right track and I thank you for your suggestion. ...Now, if I could only follow directions...
  • Bob_L
    Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    No backups?  Check the automatic ones.  BTW, You can use  a banking transactions report to delete transactions using shift click or CTL click to select multiple transactions.
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • Jig
    Jig Member ✭✭
    Thank you Bob. I did have backups so no harm, no foul. Regards the shortcut for deleting transactions using the shift click or CTL to select multiple transactions, that is a finger saver! Appreciate your help.
This discussion has been closed.