Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Blank "Enter Quicken ID Password" screen

When I go to open Quicken I get two "Enter Quicken ID Password" boxes but they are both blank. No way to enter the requested info. If I close them out it won't let me access the program. I have to close it through Task Manager. Have rebooted computer, but it is still happening.

Best Answer

• mbordersmborders
    Accepted Answer
    What I ended up doing is completely uninstalling Quicken and then re-installing. Seemed to work as I've had no issues so far.

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect access to specific IP addresses is being blocked.  Check your DNS service and anti-virus and malware software.  I suggest you try booting Windows in Safe mode.  If you're able to access Quicken, incrementally add the remaining services and startup programs to determine what may be impacting Quicken.
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • THRTHR Member ✭✭
    I am having the exact same problem. I have downloaded and installed the most recent update. I have rebooted. I have turned off my firewall. Nothing helps.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @THR

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps help to correct the issue.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • THRTHR Member ✭✭
    I have tried the options from that page that were available. Keep in mind, I can not get into Quicken at this time.

I tried going to the Quicken Login page, but it did not accept my login credentials. I tried resetting my password. While that worked and the login credentials site appeared to accept my new password, all that did was take me back to the login credentials page.

I have also downloaded the most recent version and installed it, but that did not help.

I am still getting the two blank enter login credentials pop-up windows.
  • THRTHR Member ✭✭
    I thought I would upload an image. Note that the main Quicken window is greyed out. I can't click on anything in it, even if I close the two empty pop-up windows.
  • mbordersmborders Member
    Accepted Answer
    What I ended up doing is completely uninstalling Quicken and then re-installing. Seemed to work as I've had no issues so far.
  • llnpaypalllnpaypal Member
    This has only happened to me since the most recent update. Is there a way to uninstall the update and get back to a working version?
  • llnpaypalllnpaypal Member
    I'm imatient, so uninstalled/reinstalled. Working now.
  • askayaskay Member
    Like apparently a number of other users, after updating on 6/26/20 I was greeted with a box overlaying my register that is labeled "Enter Quicken ID Password" but is otherwise blank. Trying to do anything online, including a one-step update and logging out or in as another user, crashes Quicken. My conversation yesterday with tech support indicated that this was a known issue with this build for Windows users and that developers were at work on a solution. The rep I spoke with suggested a fix would likely be pushed to users this morning, but at the moment the problem still persists and I see no mention of it in the community forum. Since I can't do an update I'm not clear how a new and repaired build would get to me. But I'm sure not happy -- access to up-to-date Quicken data is important to me, as is communication from the folks responsible for keeping this program functional.
  • Rita GoldbergRita Goldberg Member
    I have the same problem and had hoped there would be a resolution today, 6/27. When will this be fixed? I need to access important information from my Quicken file!
  • askayaskay Member
    Someone apparently decided to move my issue, which according to tech support surfaced only this past week, into a thread started almost a month ago. In any case, I too uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled; though the build number is reported as the same, the program is now working.
  • mbordersmborders Member
    It happened again, after an update on the 25th or 26th. Uninstalled and reinstalled once more.
  • Ronald TeelRonald Teel Member ✭✭
    When I log into my Quicken Deluxe, I get the expected Enter Data Fill Password screen. But, in the background appears a “Welcome to Quicken” sign in page. After I enter my Deluxe password, I am switched to that background "Welcome to Quicken" page which asks me to enter my Quicken ID Password. I avoid entering that password, as in the past it has always taken me into downloading and reloading Quicken without making any improvement; the "Welcome to Quicken" login screen would reappear again the next time I try to log in to Deluxe. Without completing “Enter Quicken ID Password,” I simply click the X to close the page. Soon, the anticipated Quicken Deluxe banking page appears, and I continue on with my postings. But, why do I have to go through all the multiple login pages each time? What I want is to be able to enter my Deluxe password and go directly to my banking pages. I called Support, they accessed my program, and then concluded they had no answer. What do I next do?
  • claquatoclaquato Member
    This is not a new issue. I've been having this problem for over a year. Have spent hours and hours with tech support with no solution. Sometimes, if you are quick enough to enter your password and hit enter, you can beat the blank white screen. It's tricky and works about 5% of the time. I go weeks, sometimes months, with not being able to update my service. This is the only program on my entire computer that has this problem. When will a viable solution be found? Clearly something is systemically wrong.