Performance of quicken subscription

I am a 20 year quicken user and recently switched to the subscription model. Had no choice as I was using quicken 2017 which was being sunsetted. The performance has been terrible. Not sure if it’s constantly searching for the subscription license. Is this typical? I am on Windows 10 with 7000 records. I’d like to have my old version back as the performance and occasional crashes are making the use of quicken un enjoyable.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Please click HELP and then hold down the CTRL key while you click About Quicken.
    Take a snapshot of the resulting dialog box and post it here, as it will provide add'l info needed to diagnose your issue.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    It is not typical.  I suggest you perform a clean uninstall, install and update.  If you haven’t already, you may want to review: https://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken  Note: If you follow the Rename Quicken Shared Folders, you should also rename C:\Program Data\Quicken and C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Quicken
  • Attached per your request
  • I only installed the subscription version in March - its less than three months
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Why is there so little "Available Memory"?  I'd expect something close to the 2GB shown as "Total Memory".
    And, there's a VERY high probability that this is the cause of your performance issue.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you launch Windows Task Manager to determine which processes are apparently consuming the available memory.
  • trip20s
    trip20s Member
    I am experiencing similar performance issues since updating from the functional 2017 to the horrible subscription version.
    Updates are so slow that I cannot tell if it is actually doing anything. Accepting downloaded transactions is so painful that I would rather not download them at all. That was the primary reason to update after all...
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file? Do you have Controlled Folder Access enabled in Windows Defender? Are you using OneDrive, Dropbox or Google Backup?
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • No to all your questions. I backup to flash drive upon exiting. No controlled folders.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to all your questions. I backup to flash drive upon exiting. No controlled folders.

You missed answering @Greg_the_Geek 's first question: "What is the full path to the folder that contains your Quicken data file?"
    The file location may have an impact on performance.
    When looking at Task Manager while Quicken runs, what's your Memory load? Greater than 70% in use?
    Who's using most of the disk I/O to your C-drive?

This discussion has been closed.