Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Combine accounts?

My credit card company changed my credit card number. I screwed up in editing the account in Quicken, and chose "add" instead of "link." I now have two accounts with duplicate information for the past month, and the new account does not have the old transactions. Can I combine them into one account with all the transactions? TIA.

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTOH, in a similar situation I just continued using the new account because it was now set up properly for downloading.
    To fix up any problems, all I had to do was to clean up duplicate transactions appearing in both accounts: determine which account they belong to and delete the duplicate(s) in the other account. Next I created a transfer transaction to transfer the closing balance of the old account to the new account and marked the old account register closed in Quicken. (No, I did not delete the old account register, because I needed the transaction history.)
  • That worked. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.