Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Categorizing Bills to go to correct account

I have a credit card and checking account linked through Quicken. I would like to have the credit card bill show a transfer from my checking account, but I want it in the Bills Category? In order for the transaction to post to the Credit Card it needs to be a Transfer.

Is there a way to keep the transaction in the 'Bill' catergory and still have it post to the Credit Card Account?

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Bills Category"
    Do you really have a "Category" (Quicken-speak for "an income or expense account") named "Bills"?  Or are you in some way referring to Quicken's online bill paying process?
    From a pure accounting standpoint paying your credit card bill out of your Checking Account is a transfer, period.  There's no way to have such a transaction coded simultaneously to both a Transfer and a Category.  There is a way, though, to have a transfer like that show up under the "Expenses" area of reports, if you wish. 
This discussion has been closed.