Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Ez-Pass

Does anyone know if a NYS Ez-Pass account can be added to Quicken AND receive transactions through downloaded updates?

It would be very helpful to be able to keep track of my Ez-Pass transactions in Quicken and to know when funds are getting low and etc.
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    QNoob said:
    It would be very helpful to be able to keep track of my Ez-Pass transactions in Quicken and to know when funds are getting low and etc.
    Here in Illinois - our iPass system does an auto-replenish with an on-file CC -

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • QNoob
    QNoob Member
    Thanks for all the replies. Based on the responses, I checked the NYS Ez-Pass website and found that I was able to download the transactions as .CSV. It’s not ideal but it appears to be the best option for getting the information into Quicken.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    For grins, I downloaded and converted a group of transactions for a short trip south from Maine last year.  I used an Excel macro called XL2QIF.  

I just set it up as a Cash account.  Had to do some re-arrangement of the CSV columns because a lot of extra data was included.  The conversion is probably more trouble than it's worth for the amount of travelling I do.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    jrfaris said:
    For grins, I downloaded and converted a group of transactions for a short trip south from Maine last year.  I used an Excel macro called XL2QIF.  

I just set it up as a Cash account.  Had to do some re-arrangement of the CSV columns because a lot of extra data was included.  The conversion is probably more trouble than it's worth for the amount of travelling I do.
    If you do a lot of ez-pass tolls, then look into ImportQIF, it will do the mapping of CSV->QIF columns and proper formatting for you.  It will also prevent duplicates if your downloads happen to overlap each other.  I use it with my BJs CC CSV download routinely.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
This discussion has been closed.