Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

One step update freezes

One step update freezes. I have to reboot my computer to get quicken to re-start only to have one step update freeze each time. What is the fix, this is getting beyond ridiculous

Best Answer

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    More details of when, exactly, during OSU "Quicken freezes" would be helpful.
    For example, does it hang while downloading transactions from one of your banks? If so, which one? Or does it "hang" while Sync to Mobile/Web is in progress? Sync may take several minutes to complete.
    A screen image snapshot of the OSU progress window would be helpful.

P.S.: You don't have to reboot or power down the entire system. Use the Windows Task Manager to "End task" Quicken.
  • Tom Knueven
    Tom Knueven Member ✭✭
    I disabled two account updates that have multiple authentication. They seem to be stepping on each other, causing the delay. Absent these two accounts, it seems to be working now. I don't know what caused the problem to suddenly occur. I do use the task manager. When I try to restart quicken it states it can't load the file because its in use by another program.
This discussion has been closed.