Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Is there any way I can obtain an installation CD for Quicken 2007?

I am the treasurer of a scientific organization and cannot locate the Quicken 2007 installation CD I used the last time I moved to a new computer. I do not need any of the features of newer versions and am hoping to pay a one-time fee to replace the CD rather than an annual subscription.

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    You MIGHT (but I wouldn't bet on it) be able to find Q2007 (you didn't specify Win or Mac) on eBay, etc.
    BUT, look around for Q2017 which you can probably obtain for free.  And it should be able to read your Q2007 data file.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Look what I found squirreled away. Do you still want it, @TAStreas ?

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I would at least move up to the Free Quicken 2013 Deluxe version.  I'm staying on 2013.

FYI - If your Quicken was before 2010 you should have several files making up the data.  The main data file ends in .QDF.  All Quicken versions prior to QW2010 store your data in a series of files all sharing the same filename but with different extensions like  - .QDF .IDX, .QEL, .QPH  and all 4 of those files were rolled into a single-file .QDF starting in 2010. 

If you do find an older version to install you will need to update it.  One of the SuperUsers has posted the update patches for older versions (2000 and newer) of Quicken

http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quickenpatches.html 

This discussion has been closed.