Lost Register

When I opened my quicken program the register show entries up to 11/17. None of my current activity shows. 11/17 is when I started my subscription. My subscription is current and my backups only go to 11/17. How do I get my current information to show.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Agent905,

Two questions:

1) when you say "Lost Register" - are you indicating that one register (or account) has info that stopped at 11/17, or do all your Quicken accounts (and data) stop at that date?

2) Is it possible that you've somehow opened up an old Quicken data file (i.e. - the backup copy that you made before you started your subscription)?  Can you search your computer to look for other Quicken data files that are dated more recently?

Let me know, thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Agent905
    Agent905 Member
    Frankx, thanks for the reply. All my information for the program stops at 11/17. When I look for backups I only find them up to 11/17. When I double click the quicken icon in the dock I can see the file I need but I can’t get to it. The file I need is the one from 11/17 to present.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Agent905,

Here's some information that may help you locate Quicken for Mac data files (courtesy of @Quicken Anja from another thread):

All Quicken data files and backup files are located in your hidden library. To get there, please, follow the steps below.
    1. Open Finder 
    2. Hold Option on your keyboard and click on the Go menu tab 
    3. Continue holding Option and click on Library
    4. Let go of Option and open the folder called Application Support
    Once opened you may find more than one folder titled Quicken. The one that just says Quicken will hold files for the new program any others titled with a year behind it (i.e.: Quicken 2017, Quicken 2016, etc) will hold data files for those previous versions of Quicken.

Each of these folders will also hold 4 different folders, Backups, Documents, Downloads, and Logs. If you have already converted all the data you need for the new program, then you should be fine to delete any backups or data files from previous programs as even the latest dated one will only hold data from the last time it was used. If there are some with fairly recent data you would like to hold on to just a little longer, it doesn't hurt to do that either.

Let us know if this helps...

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might it be possible that, at some point in time you upgraded from Quicken Mac 2017 to Quicken Mac subscription (2020)?
    Both Quicken versions live side by side on your computer, with their own, separate data files.
    Might it also be possible that, instead of opening Quicken 2020, you opened Quicken 2017 by mistake, having selected the wrong app icon?
  • Agent905
    Agent905 Member
    Frankx, Thanks so much for working with me. I followed the instructions you sent me and the only backup files I found related to the 2017 version we have been discussing. I have a Seagate Back up drive and I was able to find the file I want. It is titled Bettys Finances 3 and it was last modified on 5/26/2020 which was the last time I used the program prior to yesterday. I can not locate the file anywhere on my computer. I did not press the wrong icon because it is the only one I have on the dock. Would greatly appreciate hearing any other thoughts you may have.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Agent905,

This may be a dumb question, so I apologize in advance (BTW I am not a Mac user) - is it possible to restore the file you found dated 5/26/2020 from the Seagate Backup drive?

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.