Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

OL-297-A with Patelco Credit Union

I am getting a OL-297-A error with Patelco credit union and wanted to find out how I get support for this issue
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• tgmg00atgmg00a Member
    I am getting a OL-297-A error with Patelco credit union and wanted to find out how I get support for this issue
  • tgmg00atgmg00a Member
    Thanks for the information update. I have already read and checked all the items in the referenced link. I will checkout the Download... category.
  • G. Scott PhillipsG. Scott Phillips Member ✭✭
    I have been having this same issue and have escalated with both Patelco Credit Union and Quicken Support.
  • tgmg00atgmg00a Member
    I heard back from Patelco and they provided a fix. Disconnect Online services. Then restart the setup. However, don't take the default name of Patelco Credit union. Clear the field that says Patelco and retype Patelco you should get a drop down with two entries. Select the one that says Patelco Credit Union-WC (for Webconnect). Once I did that then connected and found my accounts. Be sure to link to your current account and don't let quicken add new accounts.

Good Luck.
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13
    tgmg00a said:
    I heard back from Patelco and they provided a fix. Disconnect Online services. Then restart the setup. However, don't take the default name of Patelco Credit union. Clear the field that says Patelco and retype Patelco you should get a drop down with two entries. Select the one that says Patelco Credit Union-WC (for Webconnect). Once I did that then connected and found my accounts. Be sure to link to your current account and don't let quicken add new accounts.

Good Luck.
    Patelco did not provide a fix.  When we switch to Patelco Credit Union-WC, we are no longer using the Direct Connect connection method.  
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sherlock said:
    Patella [darned auto-correct] did not provide a fix.  When we switch to Patelco Credit Union-WC, we are no longer using the Direct Connect connection method.  
    True. Attempting to reactivate Patelco accounts to use the FI "Pateclo Credit Union" in order to get Direct Connect continues to fail with OL-297-A.
    I have been seeing issues with Patelco for quite a while. Their Direct Connect used to be fast and good. Then it got slow, taking minutes instead of seconds. And now it's broken altogether.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • BioMed_DudeBioMed_Dude Member ✭✭✭
    I had this issue last few days. Quicken support could not help deferred to Patelco.
    Finally I spent 30 minutes with Patelco and did not accept not our issue for answer, talked to back office via rep. He says Quicken instructions to them is this: (interesting quicken did not tell me!)
    Finally they gave info that we need to deactivate online setup then start new set, but as you can see in screens 1 and 2 attached you need to go to the "Advanced set up" click on the bottom then type in Patelco Credit Union-WC and then make sure you select "Express web connect" and setup as attached in the following screens I hope they come up in order.
    If you have multiple accounts under same user name & password then got to do this for each very time. Because it did not recognize my accounts under same user name, only one account at a time for linking. important otherwise you get duplicate accounts. So i had say ignore the others and then come back do that later. consuming and it will sen verification codes to mobile or email for each. I had to do this for 3 user names with 5, 2, & 2 accounts in each .
    Good luck.
    1.JPG 126.4K
    2.JPG 148.5K
    3.JPG 108.4K
    4.JPG 133.7K
  • mikek753mikek753 Member ✭✭
    Did Patelco CU abandon Direct Connect?
    it's bad news to me as going via Web Connect means connect to Quicken server that connects to Patelco with my credentials and parse web page response to extract info and proxy it back to my quicken instance.

why it concerns me?
    I also have PenFed CU that only works via Web Connect and Penfed just blocks quicken server on weekdays for past almost 2 months - said too many requests from single IP / DDoS or etc, but blocks, so I can't download my transactions.

as result my 2 "banks" CUs can't be online updated daily as used too by Quicken and I'm at loss.

As I paid and have to pay for new subscription Quicken model, that costs 3x more vs used to be and now I can't get single click downloads ....

BTW - tech support of quicken can't resolve it for a weeks

what should we do?

thanks
  • kemartinkemartin Member
    Interesting......I had Patelco WC but have been fighting with it for 6 months trying to get it to work. I figured I might as well deactivate/reactivate again but this time I went to Advanced Setup and noticed it defaulted to WC. So I just took off the WC at the end of the financial institution name for grins and it setup as direct connect. I just linked the accounts up again and it worked. So I finally got it working just fine, quick, simple, etc and then I went to download and now I get the OL-297A.
    I've been using Quicken for 25 years and have worked in the ERP software industry and frankly you guys should be ashamed of the state of this package. I'm spending twice the amount of time, at least, just trying to keep it working vs actually managing my finances and if you're just going to release crap and have us be your beta testers, we should get it for free. Or even be paid for our time. Tech support people should have far more knowledge than I, and be able to do more than follow a troubleshooting script that wastes my time.
    I'm actively looking for another solution.
  • BioMed_DudeBioMed_Dude Member ✭✭✭
    I am also not happy how much time I have to spend trouble shooting software glitches every few weeks / months, not what I wanted after using Quicken for 20+ years!! the older versions worked better!
    Mobile App and cloud synch is problematic and tech support says we can not do anything about an error that is resolved but the file keeps giving same error, "Category error" even after the category is deleted and synch file been reset, why this software not have flexibility / option to just select ignore this error?!! Even after this file is validated. their answer create a new file?!!! I have 20 years of records on 20+ accounts and 3 currencies and half are not downloadable! impossible would take months to recreate this file!!!
    I hope they fix these issues soon.
    I liked the following that Kemartin wrote:

> @kemartin said:
    > Interesting......I had Patelco WC but have been fighting with it for 6 months trying to get it to work.
    I'm spending twice the amount of time, at least, just trying to keep it working vs actually managing my finances and if ...... have us be your beta testers, we should get it for free. Or even be paid for our time. Tech support people should have far more knowledge than I, and be able to do more than follow a troubleshooting script that wastes my time.
  • cmartin69cmartin69 Member
    I've also been having this same issue for the past week or so using Quicken Deluxe 2020. I've tried all the previous temporary fixes (such as going to the Online Center and downloading from there, doing One Step Update, downloading from the individual account, deleting the Patelco file under Program Data/Quicken folder) in the past but none seem to work. Lastly, I just tried to reset my account and now I'm getting an error message stating "Quicken could not complete the account reset". I've sent an email to Patelco but have not heard back!!
  • mikek753mikek753 Member ✭✭
    I was able to fix current OL-297-A issue, took me about 30 min or so, but I don't know if there are any side effects yet !!!
    I also have 2 Patelco logins (Members), 3 accounts per each - 6 accounts total.

my steps:
    1. deactivate online services for every Patelco account - 6 times
    2. edit account and change the name to Patelco Credit Union-WC (just add to existing "-WC") per each - 6 times
    3. select 1st login for any account and setup online services - make sure the "Patelco Credit Union-WC" is selected this time , don't select just "Patelco Credit Union". Continue setup and type validation Code you'll get from Patelco CU.
    4. Important !!! select "Link" to existing and select appropriate existing Patelco account. I got list of 3 accounts per Login - so I selected appropriate 3, look for the suffix / name as the guidance. Let it download transactions.
    5. Accept New transactions and later Accept All for remaining Matched to speed up the process.
    6. repeat #3-#5 fr the next Login

enjoy till the next issue

please, let me know if there is another software alternative that can do online auto download fro Patelco and PenFed CU - I just unaware of any, so I stuck to Quicken

p.p.s. I have missed big time MS Money

hope it helps you to recover from this issue

Mike
  • G. Scott PhillipsG. Scott Phillips Member ✭✭
    While I haven't heard back from either Patelco or Quicken on my support tickets, I was able to re-establish my Patelco accounts in Quicken via Web Connect as mentioned in the previous messages. However, I've noticed something different and annoying: it seems that, because I have multi-factor authentication ("MFA") turned on for my Patelco login, for every session of Quicken when I attempt to update these accounts, it requires me to have a code sent as an email or text. I then have to enter this code before it will update the accounts. I didn't have to do this before with Direct Connect. Because of this, I have now disabled MFA on my Patelco login, and the issue appears to have gone away. Will we ever be able to use Direct Connect again, or will Web Connect be changed so that I don't have to authenticate with every Quicken session?
  • wanghwa.linwanghwa.lin Member ✭✭
    I had the same issue for the past 2 weeks and chatted with Quicken support and was told I had to contact Patelco. I asked Quicken support rep if anyone else reported the same issue and the answer was NO.
    I'm very happy to find this post and followed the suggestions here to deactivate all my patelco accounts and added/linked them using Patelco-WC. Now they are back to normal finally. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.
This discussion has been closed.