Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

have a Mac Quicken community separate from the Windows Quicken community

have a Mac Quicken community separate from the Windows Quicken community
Tagged:

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    There is already (a top level category in the community):

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @RickO   But there are about two dozen Mac categories, and I assume at least as many Windows categories. People using Search may not notice the platform of a thread they find, which results in comments in Windows threads about Quicken Mac and visa versa. Having two separate forums would make it easier for users.

That said, the Powers That Be at Quicken seem adamantly opposed to this idea.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    If you had separate forums, then you'd have duplication of topics that overlap both platforms (eg. a specific bank connectivity outage). And you'd need separate forums for Mobile and Web. People who use both would need to visit multiple forums.

Users can search all of Mac topics and only Mac topics by using advanced search: 

It's not that hard. 

I don't think that separate forums is at all necessary, or a good idea.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @RickO  I agree that it is possible to use the forum and limit viewing or searching to one's platform of choice. I'm a Mac user, and I only follow the Mac categories. But we see repeatedly that infrequent and new users of the forum end up posting in wrong categories or get frustrated by search for and following advice in posts for the wrong platform. I think the problems would be mitigated if Quicken were able to force people to identify which product(s) they are using in their posts, profiles or signatures, but the Vanilla platform that runs this site doesn't seem capable of doing that.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • RickO
    jacobs said:
    if Quicken were able to force people to identify which product(s) they are using in their posts
    Ditto!
This discussion has been closed.