Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

bank account is not functioning

I entered transactions from my check book manually into checking account on premier 17. Problems arrise when retrieving data from checking account for budget viewing etc. Entriy dates are not in sequence by date. When extracting date for a budget review, numbers are incomplete. The only time retrieving data off of my checking account is when requesting entries from last month. If i use custom dates like 2/1/20 - 5/30/20 at least half data would be missing.Very frustrating and this all started to surface in last 6 months. The only change i have made to premier17 was to subscribe again in order to have inesting downloading capabilities.
Thanks for your help.
Doug
Tagged:

Comments

• MangoMan
    MangoMan Member ✭✭
    Are you downloading from the bank to reconcile your entries and catch anything you might not be aware of like fees, interest, etc.? Have you also looked into the specific account settings (gear on the top left) under Register Preferences to see if you might have a setting causing the problem? Also consider contacting the financial institution to see if they are aware of others having similar problems.
  • Thank you for your answer. I don't download from bank. I just enter manual into quicken from my checkbook. I have so many accounts, itjust seems easier and more accurate. I wil look into the other suggestioon.
    Doug
  • Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Problems arrise when retrieving data from checking account for budget viewing etc. Entriy dates are not in sequence by date. "
    That's a little too vague.  How are retrieving the data? 
    If I wanted to look at the history in my checking Account of, say, grocery purchases for the last year, one of the ways I might do that is go that Account, run a Register Report with a Date Range of "Last Year", and customize that report to only show the Category "Groceries."   Since the report only covers one Account the dates should be lined up from oldest to most recent.  If, for some reason, the dates weren't in chronological order I'd simply click on the "Date" column heading and the report would be sorted by date.

"When extracting date for a budget review, numbers are incomplete."
    I assume what you're saying here is that "some transactions that should be included in what I'm looking at are not."
    Going back the the Register Report mentioned above, if I saw that there were missing transactions that I knew I should be seeing, I'd work through the various ways of filtering that report that may be filtering those transactions out, like Tags, Payees, or something that's been entered in the Advanced tab.  That's the logical reason for missing transactions.
    If you've been using a saved report of some sort to look at the data then it's been known to happen that upgrading will sometime cause those reports not to function properly, for whatever reason.  You might want to simply create a new report, customized as you like, and then saving that.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    dougpera said:
    I entered transactions from my check book manually into checking account on premier 17...The only change i have made to premier17 was to subscribe again in order to have inesting downloading capabilities.
    Thanks for your help.
    Doug
    Not directly related to the issue you posted, but if you paid for a subscription, you are using the wrong version. You need to download and install the subscription version.

user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
This discussion has been closed.