Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Chase CC-505 error

Started getting a cc-505 error from Chase today using

Comments

• Mark VetaMark Veta Member ✭✭
    Started getting a cc-505 error from Chase today using Quicken Premier 2020
  • Drew BiondoDrew Biondo Member ✭✭
    same problem here.
  • DisplacedHoosierDisplacedHoosier Member ✭✭
    Same here...
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited June 16
    Hello Everyone,

We are currently seeing an issue with Chase bank where customers are getting a CC-505/105. 

We are working with them in order to get the issue resolved as soon as possible and please wait 24 hours to try once more.

If you would also like to follow the announcement  for the issue you can do so by clicking here.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Carlos G.Carlos G. Member ✭✭
    6/17: Issue still persists.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My download connection to Chase for my credit card uses Direct Connect protocol and worked just fine yesterday (and every day before).
    If you're not using Direct Connect, see in Edit Account Details / Online Services tab if you can "Change / Improve connection method" to use Direct Connect.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth about a day ago downloading for Chase failed for me and I'm using Direct Connect, so I checked the Chase website, and couldn't log in there, it said it had a problem with that section of the website.  Later in the night the website started working, but not my download.  The next morning my downloading worked.

Express Web Connect is the least reliable way to connect and as such tends to be the one the breaks the most and takes the longest to be fixed.

I suggest you do like @UKR suggests and switch over to Direct Connect.  It is free for non business accounts.  Note that besides changing it in Quicken you might have to go to the Chase website and change the following setting:

There should be a setting to enable using "Desktop software" like Quicken.
    If it has already been turned on it will look like this.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Carlos G.Carlos G. Member ✭✭
    Can someone at Quicken Support please provide an update? We are going on day 4.

Also, I've tried setting up DirectConnect and it is also not working for me.
    @Carlos G.  If you want to talk to Quicken support you need to contact them:
    http://quicken.com/contact-support

This forum isn't Quicken support, even though the moderators will put out status and try to help when they can, they aren't Quicken support.
  • Kevin HurniKevin Hurni Member ✭✭
    Since we're going on 10 days without a fix now, is there any workaround (other than manual data entry) to the Chase-505 errors? Unfortunately my Chase accounts are my most heavily used.
    > @Kevin Hurni said:
    > Since we're going on 10 days without a fix now, is there any workaround (other than manual data entry) to the Chase-505 errors? Unfortunately my Chase accounts are my most heavily used.

Appears that a viable (ha), albeit time-consuming workaround is to login to Chase and download hte QFX file for each account.

So glad I paid for the subscription model.
    @Kevin Hurni personally I haven't had any problems with my Chase accounts because they are all setup for Direct Connect.
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > @Kevin Hurni personally I haven't had any problems with my Chase accounts because they are all setup for Direct Connect.

Chase charges for Direct Connection, unfortunately.

"Directly connect your Chase accounts using your Personal Financial Management (PFM) software, like Quicken®or QuickBooks®. With Direct Connect PFM there is a monthly service fee of $9.95. There is no monthly fee for Premier Platinum Checking, Chase Private Client and Private Banking customers. Additional Business Banking services"
    @Kevin Hurni is old and not accurate.  What it should say is that for personal accounts Direct Connect is free, but for business accounts they charge $9.95 a month.
  • bill505bill505 Member
    I have several personal accounts with Chase, and one business account. Because of the 1 business account, evidently I have to pay the $9.95 monthly fee to turn on Direct Connect for my personal accounts (not going to pay it!). Frustrated that the download hasn't worked for 2 weeks now. Is there a solution in sight? Or is paying the fee for the Direct Connect the only way to go?
  • bill505bill505 Member
    Problem solved! Called Quicken support and they had me turn off "Automatic Entry" for all Chase accounts, and then deactivate them. Then, go back and set up online access, and re-linking each of the Chase accounts to corresponding / existing account in Quicken. Back in business!
    > @bill505 said:
    > I have several personal accounts with Chase, and one business account. Because of the 1 business account, evidently I have to pay the $9.95 monthly fee to turn on Direct Connect for my personal accounts (not going to pay it!). Frustrated that the download hasn't worked for 2 weeks now. Is there a solution in sight? Or is paying the fee for the Direct Connect the only way to go?

I'm in the same boat. Business and Personal accounts w/Chase. Not paying $9.95/month.
    @Kevin Hurni I looked the comment I posted and had an bad typo in it.
    "@Kevin Hurni is old and not accurate."  Of course I meant to say "@Kevin Hurni the message is old and not accurate.

Sorry!  :open_mouth:

Well if Direct Connect is out then you have to go with Express Web Connect (or Web Connect where you log in and download and import a QFX file) and just live with the problems that might come up.  Or switch to a financial institution that provides Direct Connect for free even for business accounts.

@bill505 I don't think automatic transaction entry mode had anything to do with it working again.  Now deactivating all your accounts and then reactivating them, that certainly can fix problems like this from time to time, but should only be used when you know that there isn't a system wide problem on the Chase side.  In other words the overall troubleshooting process should be like.  Try Updated now, if that doesn't work Wait (and maybe check out this forum to see if there are known problems).  If after a day it doesn't work try Resetting the account (you might get duplicate transactions with this).  And as a last resort after you are sure that it isn't a problem on Chase's side (check this forum) deactivate and reactivate.  The reason to wait on this one is you might get deactivated and have no way to reactive making the problem worse.  And of course in any point you can contact Quicken support.