I was being billed $9.95 for Bill Pay even though I subscribed to Quicken 2018 Home and Business?

I have been a Quicken user for decades. On May 12, 2018 I signed up for 2 years to the new Quicken 2018 Home and Business subscription that included Quicken Bill Pay for "free".

On May 12th, 2020 I was billed $99 to "renew' my subscription which really caught my attention and made me look deeper in to the issue. I was under the false assumption that the $9.95 per month the were charging was my monthly subscription fee. Much to my embarrassment, Quicken has billed me $9.95 every single month for Bill Pay since that day, even though Bill Pay is included in the subscription.

I called Quicken today to ask why this was happening and they gave me another phone number to talk to the Bill Pay people (apparently a third party operation, who knew?). Joseph told me that I was supposed to close my old Bill Pay account and then open a new account. How was I suppose to know that?

What actually happened in 2018, after my subscription upgrade kicked in, was my Bill Pay account disappeared from the online center. I had to call the Bill Pay people to open a new account which, since that day, is listed in the drop down as "Quicken Bill Pay-New". So wouldn't you think that should have stopped the monthly billing? Apparently not!! Today Joseph said he was sorry about the problem but there was nothing he could do get my 2 years of payments back.

I'll bet there is somebody out there in the Quicken hierarchy that could help me. I have been a Quicken user since the late 80's. I should not be denied.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.