Shrinking or hiding Quicken window behaves strangely

leishirsute
leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Using Windows 10 64-bit Pro, Quicken Deluxe R26.23

I don't know if this is designed to work this way in Quicken.  I'm not used to seeing it for other applications.
If Quicken window is open and I click the upper right shrink button for Quicken, it properly shrinks to a tab in the windows task bar. If I click the Quicken task bar, the Quicken window properly reopens.

After click upper right shrink _ .

However, if the Quicken window is open and I click the Quicken task bar icon, the Quicken window shrinks, but when I click the Quicken task bar icon again to expand it, I get this at the top of the windows screen and no Quicken window:

It's not a big deal because I only have to click the maximize or the shrink button again to get back to the open Quicken window, but is this the way the app is supposed to behave when clicking on the Quicken icon in the taskbar?
Quicken Deluxe Subscription; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Best Answer

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Update: Rebooted the PC this morning.  Problem seems gone.  Very strange.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leishirsute,

Well...  I can confirm that I get the same behavior that you do when I perform the steps you outline above.  I would suppose that is a good thing - i.e. if its a bug, it is affecting both of us. 

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yet another bug because they decided to create their own "fake" main window to have the global search and those buttons in a non standard place.  The list of bugs related to this is getting quite long.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spent 10 minutes trying to reproduce this on 2 different Win 10 Pro machines with the same version of Q and cannot. The window behaves properly for me. I wonder why I am the lucky one.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not seeing "the problem" any more (don't know why), but I wouldn't call the behavior I'm seeing "normal" or "proper".

What I'm seeing now is when I click the Quicken icon in the task bar it momentarily opens to just this:

And then it expands to the full size and then fills in everything.

Seems like for some reason for at times it gets "stuck" at this size position and then tries to fill in the window in this little space.
    Signature:
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been fixed - although there's a little delay in reopening - its working properly for me now!!  "Problem" solved.

Thank you Quicken folks!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see how Quicken Inc fixed the problem.  Quicken didn't update.
    Signature:
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    I tried it again. The first time after starting Q, if I click the taskbar for Q, the Q window is hidden.  If I click it again, the entire Q window is displayed.  IF I retry the same step again, the small gray box is displayed.  So, it's still not working for me.
    If I click on another app's window and then click on Q taskbar icon, the Q window reopens properly. Strange.
  • leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Update: Rebooted the PC this morning.  Problem seems gone.  Very strange.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    <g,d,r>

This discussion has been closed.