Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase - One Step Update - Now has 2 extra entries in OSU menu

Ps56k2
Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
Have had our Chase accounts setup for years, and one was Direct Connect, and the other was fine with the Express setup.... then had the Chase download anomoly the other day, so decided to change the Express account to Direct Connect.
Did that - and now I have a couple of new and extra OSU menu entries listed for both Chase accounts ?
Where or why did they get created - Any way to get rid of them ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    "Bring my payment information up to date" looks like bill payment "instructions" to me.  Do you pay bills through Quicken/Chase?

The new entry might have to do with the new Bill Manager changes, or it might have always been there.  I haven't used bill pay in over 30 years so I don't know the details these days.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What type of accounts?
    My Direct Connect Chase Freedom Credit Card doesn't show any extra lines:

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The top one is a joint checking acct - always been Direct Connect -
    and used for years to pay bills directly via Quicken.
    The bottom one is a Visa acct - and was Express -
    until the issues the other day, when I changed it to become Direct Connect..... problems.
    I have never seen the additional checkbox items.... were never there on any accts.
    Weird - might just go back to a recent backup -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went back to Tuesday backup - and the extra entries are gone...
    BUT - the Express acct - the Chase Visa -
    will not connect - and now gets - CC-800 Error -
    Arrgghh -

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This has nothing to do with Bill Manager and everything to do with Direct Connect Online Bill Pay. I have always seen these check boxes on my B of A checking account, because I pay bills from it via Quicken Direct Connect.
    When you upgraded the Chase accounts from EWC to DC, Quicken somehow got the idea you had online bill pay enabled for those accounts. Perhaps you did some time in the past?
    To make the extra OSU check boxes go away, deactivate OBP for the accounts.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    In all my years of hanging around the forum, I have never seen anyone post an image of an OSU settings screen showing this.
    This is a new one for me.   :)
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned - my OSU menu list has always been the simple compressed version.
    I have for years used Chase and Online Bill Pay - it's the top listed Chase acct -
    After Monday, I changed the bottom Chase acct - which is a Chase Visa - which was Express Web Connect - and updated it to use Direct Connect.  Of course it is not used for Online Bill Payment, and that entry does not appear in its Online Services screen.
    Then - BOTH Chase accts now showed the extra menu checkboxes....I'll just wait a few days to play again - as that Chase Visa is used very little AND there appears to be a newly recent CC-505 problem with Chase EWC accts & downloading...
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    splasher said:
    In all my years of hanging around the forum, I have never seen anyone post an image of an OSU settings screen showing this.
    This is a new one for me.   :)
    Well, then, let me treat you to what I see every day. To be fair, I have been paying bills via B of A DC for decades and this splitting of transactions/balances & payment info is relatively new, maybe within the past 3-5 years. I believe it used to do both tasks without offering the user a choice.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    And... that's what it is to be a normal Quicken user -
    different screens, different results, different updates, different..... all the same Q -

This discussion has been closed.