Web based Quicken Online Bill Pay export payees and information to Quicken for Windows?

I have been informed that the WEB BASED online quicken bill pay service will be deactivated in August and that in order to continue to use the service to pay my bills automatically each month I will need to migrate to the Bill Manager service in the Windows Quicken software. However, there seems to be no way to export from the web based service and import into the Quicken for Windows software. Is this really the case?

Is Quicken deactivating a service giving people no way to migrate their payee and account data other than manually recreating all of it in the Windows software?????

Best Answer

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been informed that the WEB BASED online quicken bill pay service will be deactivated in August and that in order to continue to use the service to pay my bills automatically each month I will need to migrate to the Bill Manager service in the Windows Quicken software. However, there seems to be no way to export from the web based service and import into the Quicken for Windows software. Is this really the case?

Is Quicken deactivating a service giving people no way to migrate their payee and account data other than manually recreating all of it in the Windows software?????
    Quicken isn't deactivating the service.  Metavante Payment Services is deactivating their Quicken Bill Pay service. 

We do not need to migrate to Quick Pay and Check Pay.  If you prefer using a WEB BASED online bill pay service, I suggest you consider using a WEB BASED online bill pay service provided by another financial institution.  Most banks provide a free WEB BASED online bill payment service.

There is no easy way to export and import between the WEB BASED online bill payment services.  I suggest you cut and paste the required details to minimize typos.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭

Sherlock said:
    There is no easy way to export and import between the WEB BASED online bill payment services.  I suggest you cut and paste the required details to minimize typos.
    It is possible to print as a PDF document from the BillPay web site.  I did that for my online payees when the demise of BillPay was announced.  It gives you an electronic copy of the payee addresses and phone numbers which can be used to copy from.  It's a little easier than trying to copy payee information individually from from one web site to another.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • dcmargush
    dcmargush Member
    OK,so I get there isn't a migration tool (not very HCD), but setting up the new Bill Manager is not very intuitive and I have already had several accounts go past do because I didn't figure out how to properly set up the accounts or get the bill notifications/"tie it into" the monthly bill like in Bill Pay. So some help there would be great!
This discussion has been closed.