Home Current Online Banking Issues

Quicken is unable to connect to Pentagon Federal CU (PenFed)

leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
For the last few days, transaction downloads have failed.
I've tried deactivating and reactivating access to PenFed.  Reactivating fails.
Quicken reports is it having problems connecting to PenFed, "It is not your fault."
Are others having this problem with Pen Fed?
Quicken Deluxe R28.16; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Best Answer

Answers

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18
    Hi @leishirsute,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I attempted to connect with fake credentials on my end in Quicken and am receiving the same error. How long have you been receiving this error? Are you able to log into your bank's website? If today is the first day, I would recommend waiting 24 business hours and trying again.

This error could possibly indicate there may be temporary maintenance or issues with the financial institution's server.

If the issue still persists after waiting 24 business hours, please contact Quicken Support. The issue may need to be escalated and may not have an immediate resolution.
    It's been since yesterday.  I'll wait a bit more time.  Thanks for checking.
    I am able to log into the PenFed website from a browser.
  • jrfarisjrfaris Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18
    You might try after hours.  I've been successful updating PFCU around midnight EDT.  Since I'm on the west coast, it's not that inconvenient.  There are several threads about PenFed limiting automated account access during normal business hours.  Getting reactivated might be the difficulty.  I can often get it to update using the the Gear, Update Now link from the register even when One Step Update fails.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Premier Subscription thru 2020
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    I have been trying to update account for a couple of weeks with no luck. I tried reset, using the gear, etc. and none of this work. No luck either trying to set up online ( it is not your fault error ). I do not have any problem to log to the web site and manually download the transactions. It is just when I tried the OSU or the gear icon that this happened. No such luck trying after hours or weekends. Any answer to that. Thanks.
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been trying to update account for a couple of weeks with no luck. I tried reset, using the gear, etc. and none of this work. No luck either trying to set up online ( it is not your fault error ). I do not have any problem to log to the web site and manually download the transactions. It is just when I tried the OSU or the gear icon that this happened. No such luck trying after hours or weekends. Any answer to that. Thanks.
    Like jrfaris suggested, I got it to work on the weekend.  Haven't been successful during the weekday.
  • phantmdrvrphantmdrvr Member
    Greetings

I have been having this problem for weeks. I have tried during the week, late at night early in the morning and also on weekends to no avail. I have tried OSU as well as the gear icon as suggested in other posts but continue to receive the CC-505 error. Thanks
  • larrylarry Member ✭✭
    I have also been unable to update my PenFed CC account for the past two months. I receive the same CC502 error message that leishirsute has been getting. I have tried during various times of the day and/or week and have never been successful during any of those attempts.
  • DonSDonS Member
    I, also, have been having this issue for many months...last failure 20 minutes ago. I have had few, very few, instances where it seems to work but not consistent.
    edited July 30
    larry said:
    I have also been unable to update my PenFed CC account for the past two months. I receive the same CC502 error message that leishirsute has been getting. I have tried during various times of the day and/or week and have never been successful during any of those attempts.
    As reported in other related threads, PFCU has been limiting automated account access to their servers.  This happened again to me a day or two ago.  I had a CD maturing and wanted to retrieve the final balance but Update Now would not work during normal business hours.  I was able to log onto the PenFed site myself and see the transactions so I downloaded a QXF file for the CD and was able to import it to my related Quicken account.  I was later able to update my other PFCU accounts late that same night using Update Now in one of their registers.  Until PenFed again allows automated access during business hours, those are the work arounds. Other PFCU members have reported contacting them to encourage the needed upgrades.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • Kathryn ZKathryn Z Member
    I went through a lengthy chat session last week, going to Accounts/Settings/troubleshooting/deactivate downloads on all accounts. We set up a new test file and tested download. We went back to my file and set up downloads. It worked. It hasn't worked since. Bank is Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PFCU). This problem started intermittently since beginning of the pandemic in April.
    There are several threads about a continuing problem with PenFed.  You should be able to see them by searching the community.  It has been ongoing and is likely to continue until PFCU updates their server capabilities.  I believe this applies to both Mac & Windows.  Several users have had some luck by trying up update late at night or on weekends.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited July 30
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue with Pentagon Federal CU.

When attempting to update from PenFed you may receive a CC-505/105 intermittently.

We are aware of the issue and are currently working with them to get it resolved. There is currently no ETA.

Some users have reported that they are able to update outside of regular business hours.

Thank you for your patience throughout this issue, please be notified of any updates or changes, please navigate to the top of this thread and bookmark the conversation by selecting the gold star.

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka