Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Credit Card Transactions not staying reconciled

EppyGA
EppyGA Member ✭✭
I have two transactions that do not remain as "R" from month to month. Each month after reconciling the credit card account, they end up showing as uncleared. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @ EppyGA,

Are you using "auto reconcile" or do you manually reconcile the account each month?  Does this happen in only one credit card account, or more than one?

Can you tell us which versions and builds of both Quicken & Windows you are using?

- In Quicken - go to "Help" > then "About Quicken"

- In Windows - type "system info" in the Search box > the click on the "system Information" icon

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • EppyGA
    EppyGA Member ✭✭
    I am using MIcrosoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and Quicken Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23.

I do not use Auto reconcile. The problem has only happened in one credit card account. It first started with an entry from 5/20/2019. Each month it would show as "uncleared" and each month I would mark as "reconciled", next month same thing. Now a second entry dated 4/1/2020 has done the same thing.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again EppyGA,

Can you tell us the financial institution that's involved? Are the two entries similar in any way - for example are the charges from the same vendor, or the same types of purchases, etc.?

Also what type of connection are you using to download from this credit card?

Thanks

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • EppyGA
    EppyGA Member ✭✭
    These are not downloaded transaction. Each transaction is entered manually. Transaction are different vendors, different amount on a Citibank card.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @EppyGA,

I suggest that you go through the validate & superdalidate processes to rule out potential data corruption as a cause.  Here's a link to the "how to" instructions - you can go directly to the third step: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-performance-troubleshooting

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    EppyGA said:
    I am using MIcrosoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 and Quicken Version R26.23 Build 27.1.26.23.

I do not use Auto reconcile. The problem has only happened in one credit card account. It first started with an entry from 5/20/2019. Each month it would show as "uncleared" and each month I would mark as "reconciled", next month same thing. Now a second entry dated 4/1/2020 has done the same thing.

More details about these transactions, please.
    Are these, by any chance, transfer transactions (e.g., pay credit card from checking) or paycheck transactions with a Split transfer to a retirement account?
    How about including image snapshots from the register, showing these transactions?
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you sync the account with the Quicken Cloud, I suggest you reset your cloud data: select Edit > Preferences...Mobile & Web, and Reset your cloud data
  • EppyGA
    EppyGA Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > (Quote)
    > More details about these transactions, please.
    > Are these, by any chance, transfer transactions (e.g., pay credit card from checking) or paycheck transactions with a Split transfer to a retirement account?How about including image snapshots from the register, showing these transactions?

None of those, just regular credit card transactions
  • EppyGA
    EppyGA Member ✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi again @EppyGA,
    >
    > I suggest that you go through the validate & superdalidate processes to rule out potential data corruption as a cause.  Here's a link to the "how to" instructions - you can go directly to the third step: https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-performance-troubleshooting
    >
    > Let me know how that goes.
    >
    > Frankx

One of the first things I did, made no difference.