Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can't add Bank of Amerca Credit card

I've tried multiple times to set up quick connect to a B of A credit card. I used Bank of America - all other States (which successfully set up my savings, checking and another credit card) , and have the correct login and password. It prompts me for a verification which I receive on my smartphone. Once I enter it it seems to connect but then returns a white screen with Connect and back buttons only. I click connect, it prompts for another code which I enter, then same thing happens. Over and over. I might add that the One Step Update works fine otherwise.

Best Answer

• monshes
    monshes Member
    Accepted Answer
    I just got it to work! I suspect it was an internet traffic issue solved by trying this on a Saturday morning. For all I know it was a problem on the BofA end of it. Best I can tell it must have somehow timed out after the bank handshake following entering my verification code requested by BofA.

I like the new Quicken as it is less buggy than when I tried it in the past. But FWIW it has a way to go still.

Answers

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    Hello @monshes

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

Please navigate to Help > About Quicken and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are running.

If you haven't done so already, I would start by refreshing the financial institution list.

1. Select the Tools menu, then choose the Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+Shift while selecting Contact Info.
    4. In the Account dropdown at the top of the dialog, select an account that is associated with the affected financial institution. 
    5. Select Financial Institution Branding and Profile from the Refresh Options and click Refresh.
    6. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    7. Attempt your online session again.
    Please let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • monshes
    monshes Member
    Quicken Deluxe 2020
    Version R26.23
    Build 27.1.26.23

As for your method, the account I am having trouble doesn't even show up in that window (Refresh Online Transaction Information) because the account won't set up in the first place.

The weird part is that this is for a BofA CC account belonging to my wife. I had no trouble setting up our joint checking or 2 CC accounts (mine) at BofA using my login. I can't seem to get my wife's login to go, as I mentioned in my first post.
  • monshes
    monshes Member
    Accepted Answer
    I just got it to work! I suspect it was an internet traffic issue solved by trying this on a Saturday morning. For all I know it was a problem on the BofA end of it. Best I can tell it must have somehow timed out after the bank handshake following entering my verification code requested by BofA.

I like the new Quicken as it is less buggy than when I tried it in the past. But FWIW it has a way to go still.
This discussion has been closed.