Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Issues updating Citi Credit Card accounts (updated title)

Comments

• hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    I dont use TFA so thats out
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note for credit cards I suggest you change the financial institution to Citi Cards instead of Citibank.  That will get you Direct Connect instead of Express Web Connect.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    I dont see how you can do that without wiping out all of the account information. Mine is set for Citiobank and is using EWC. But I still have two other checking accounts that are the subject of the same error
    @hyemm Deactivating the account for download, changing the financial institution, name, and reactivating downloading, and linking to that account(s) doesn't remove transactions from your register.

In fact you might have a one time problem where you will have about 30 days of duplicate transactions if the unique Ids for the transactions change between Express Web Connect and Direct Connect.  But once that is taken care of you will have a much more reliable connection/download.

As for the checking accounts, sorry Citibank doesn't provide Direct Connect for them, you will just have to wait for them to be fixed.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    I deactivated the account. I did not see any option to reactivate it with CitiCards. It reactivated (or attempted to) with Citibank and that failed.
    @hyemm select the + in the account bar to start as if you were adding a new account.  Select "Credit Card" and the "Citi Cards".

Enter your log in information.  And once it connects and finds the account be sure to link the online account to your existing Quicken account.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    this just in from Citi

Please click on the " profile icon" . Now, please click on "More settings" tab.
    Then click on " Manage Desktop Apps " tab. Click on “ Add Access “ tab .

Then you go back to Quicken and add a credit card account and link it to your existing one

This worked for my credit card account
    edited June 23
    @hyemm Good to know.  I remembered that Chase has a similar setting on their website, but it has been so long ago for Citi that I forgot they had one too.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    This did not work for me
    Susie said:
    This did not work for me
    What part didn't work?
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    I could not re-add Citibank accounts. It failed
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    Sync Error
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Quicken is acknowledging an issue. I'm seeing it with both regular banking accounts and credit cards. I tried to reactivate a credit card while logged on to Citibank's site and to add the application, but no joy.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Here's the error they were seeing:
    “cpAggStatusDetail” : “General error. Flow not handled.”,

“isProcessing” : false,

“aggStatus” : “CP_SCRIPT_ERROR”,

“cpAggStatusCode” : “ccscrape.101”

Said to try again in 24-48 hours.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    I’m getting a similar error, since the weekend. I am VERY frustrated!
  • Chet-NYC62Chet-NYC62 Member ✭✭
    > @hyemm said:
    > this just in from Citi
    >
    > Please click on the " profile icon" . Now, please click on "More settings" tab.
    > Then click on " Manage Desktop Apps " tab. Click on “ Add Access “ tab .
    >
    > Then you go back to Quicken and add a credit card account and link it to your existing one
    >
    > This worked for my credit card account
    >

That's the answer! Just did it and it worked.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    Glad to hear it. Unfortunately it doesn't work for the city checking accounts. Still searching for that answer
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    Did not work for my checking and savings accounts
  • taffeystaffeys Member ✭✭
    > @hyemm said:
    > Unfortunately it doesn't work for the city checking accounts. Still searching for that answer

> @Chris_QPW said:
    > @hyemm
    > As for the checking accounts, sorry Citibank doesn't provide Direct Connect for them, you will just have to wait for them to be fixed.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    2Chris_QPW so what does that mean? Wait how long? Quicken is useless to me without Citibank
    > @Susie said:
    > 2Chris_QPW so what does that mean? Wait how long? Quicken is useless to me without Citibank

Not Quicken's problem. Tell Citibank to fix it.
    Well for an Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect (Mac's term) problem it is hard to know where the  problem is, but "Quicken" is the least likely place it is.

Quicken Inc pays Intuit for this service.  Intuit has an agreement with the financial institutions how to log in as you on the financial institution's website and get the transactions.  It does that and store them on their server where Quicken gets them from the Intuit server.

So the most likely situation is that Citibank did something that broke/changed this and now Citibank either has to put it back to the way it was or Citibank and Intuit have to agree how to do it somewhat differently and one or both have to make those changes.
    One thing to check in the means time is to see if Citibank supports Web Connect, which is downloading a QFX file from their website and importing it into Quicken.

I don't have any Citibank checking or savings accounts to check if they have it or not.
    On the Citibank website for the credit care they do have that option.  You go into the account and click on the Export link.
  • qradqrad Member ✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > Well for an Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect (Mac's term) problem it is hard to know where the  problem is, but "Quicken" is the least likely place it is.

Except I don't pay Intuit for this service, nor do I pay Citibank, I do pay Quicken (by purchasing the annual subscription), so it is Quicken's responsibility to get it fixed. Aside from the debacle of the change from Quicken Bill Pay, it seems like the connection to my bank gets cut off several times a year for varying amounts of time. Not a reliable way to bank.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    Love that Quicken blames CB and CB blames Quicken and we are just stuck
    Well I'm out of here now, I only came in to help with what can be controlled (switch to Direct Connect for the accounts that support it, or for that matter a financial institution that values you enough to provide it, which is what I do).

Have fun ranting.
  • SusieSusie Member ✭✭
    That’s really unfair. Quicken Connect has been working fine until now. We deserve to be helped with this and not to be told to change banks
  • tired techietired techie Member ✭✭
    We can speculate all day long about the source of the problem and who is to blame.

Unfortunately, that is all we can do, because Quicken (the company we pay by subscribing) is not transparent about these important issues at all.

At some point Quicken *may* admit there is a problem, and then say there is no ETA.
  • hyemmhyemm Member ✭✭
    There is an update to Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property 2020 today

No fix there - Problem must be on the bank side
    @hyemm
    > > @hyemm said:
    > > Unfortunately it doesn't work for the city checking accounts. Still searching for that answer
    >
    > > @Chris_QPW said:
    > > @hyemm
    > > As for the checking accounts, sorry Citibank doesn't provide Direct Connect for them, you will just have to wait for them to be fixed.
    >
    > @hyemm said:
    > There is an update to Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property 2020 today
    >
    > No fix there - Problem must be on the bank side

Duh
This discussion has been closed.