2020 Schedule C form

Where would I find the 2020 Schedule C form if it is not available on IRS.gov website? I am a new 1099 as of January 1st, and I need this for my Payroll Protection Loan documentation.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Is this a Quicken question ... or a Tax Program question?
    And, if a Q question, which version of Q are you running?  The ability to assign Sched C tax lines to a category only exists in Q "Home, Business and Rental Property"
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would think that it is in "it hasn't been written" state.  Certainly anything other than what the IRS puts out would be a "guess".

The way these things tend to work is that the government spends most of the year arguing about the new law, and then it goes to the bureaucrats translate that into the actual regulations, and from that then the IRS creates its forums and instructions.  And this can take way into next year.

That is way tax programs never "finalized" until after the end of the year, they are constantly waiting for the final drafts for all the rules/forms from the IRS.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you did not or will not file a 2019 Form 1040 Schedule C, my understanding is you are not eligible for a Payroll Protection Loan.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    NotACPA said:
    Is this a Quicken question ... or a Tax Program question?
    And, if a Q question, which version of Q are you running?  The ability to assign Sched C tax lines to a category only exists in Q "Home, Business and Rental Property"
    That isn't correct.  You can assign Schedule C tax lines to categories even in the Starter edition.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Schedule C has not been changed for a long time.  Just print out a blank 2019 schedule C and use that.  But like Sherlock said it's probably based on a 2019 Schedule C.  You haven't filed 2020 yet and don't know what your total income etc. will be.  
This discussion has been closed.