Duplicate reconciled transactions when syncing to cloud - "missing or error categories"

Almost every time I sync my desktop Quick to the cloud, I get random duplicates of reconciled transactions. I validate and repair the account, and I'm told there's missing or broken categories, but I can't tell what they are. This is messing me up because when I find the duplicate and delete it, it also deletes the original. When I validate and repair the account, more stuff goes missing. I've probably got all the logs but this is frustrating enough to start looking elsewhere for software =(

Any ideas?

Best Answer

Answers

• Colleen
    Colleen Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your answer! I appreciate your time and I'll give that a try. Only other option is just not syncing to the cloud anymore but I like that function. Cheers
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colleen said:
    Thank you for your answer! I appreciate your time and I'll give that a try. Only other option is just not syncing to the cloud anymore but I like that function. Cheers

Do you use the Quicken on the Web app or the Quicken app on your smartphone?
    If you don't use either one, please turn off Sync completely. You don't need it. The Sync process can only be used in conjunction with the Quicken app for Smartphones or the Quicken on the Web browser app. It cannot be used as a replacement for backing up and restoring your Quicken data file. And it may cause problems under certain circumstances.

• Colleen
    Colleen Member ✭✭
    I like using the Quicken app as I enter my transactions if I have to wait for appointments or what have you.

My file wouldn't save with the instructions above unless I tailored the date to a few months earlier.

It's so hard to find the duplicates and then once duplicates are removed, that creates a blank entry in the year 1900 that can't be deleted or modified so I end up running the validator again, and then a transaction disappears. It's quite the undertaking
This discussion has been closed.