Patelco Credit Union not able to download transactions

I have tried for daus now to download banking information from Patelco. I reset the login several times, but I can not get it to work, but I get a "Sorry, we encountered an error" message.

Thanks for looking into it,

Ruth

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patelco's Direct Connect connection to Quicken seems to have failed. Maybe permanently, I don't know. The workaround for now is to use Express Web Connect. To get that, you have to deactivate the account and re-add it using the financial institution name "Patelco Credit Union-WC".

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • The original post for this issue
    (https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20099006#Comment_20099006)
    appears to have been closed. However, I still have an outstanding support ticket #7724499 for which I've not received any follow up. How do I find out the status of this ticket?
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Today I updated my Patelco accounts via Direct Connect and it worked and it was fast; in other words, back to normal. Give it a try, maybe you'll be lucky too.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • G. Scott Phillips
    G. Scott Phillips Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Thanks so much, RJS! I disconnected from Patelco Web Connect and reconnected using Direct Connect (and re-enabled two-factor authentication on the Patelco site), and everything does indeed appear to be back to normal. It would be nice of these organizations would follow up on their support tickets when things are "fixed." How does one follow up with Quicken directly on the status of a support ticket that they issued? I've sent a secure message to Patelco, but we'll see if they respond. Thanks again!
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Well, that didn't last long. Patelco direct connect is slow for me again.
     I've sent a secure message to Patelco, but we'll see if they respond.
    Did you hear back from Patelco?
  • Your most recent response couldn't have been more timely! I just finished a conference call with a Patelco IT rep (Joe) and a Quicken rep (Leah), and did a screen-share with Leah. She had me deactivate all three of my Patelco accounts, Super Validate my Quicken data file, and then re-connect the accounts using Direct Connect. I then updated just those three Patelco accounts, and she saw how long it was still taking to complete (she actually didn't see it as a problem, as it did eventually compete the update). I showed her your above response to let her know that other Patelco/Quicken users were experiencing the same issue. Leah then said that there isn't an issue with Quicken, and that it's most likely Patelco (I've heard this story A LOT in my 30+ years of using Quicken!). I told her that I had an online chat with a Quicken rep yesterday to get an update on the status of my support ticket #7724499. After he checked for quite a while, he told me that the ticket was still being worked on. Leah documented everything, but wasn't escalating it because there didn't appear to be a lot of feedback from Patelco users. She also said that it may correct itself within 24-48 hours. Joe also said that he would check with others in their IT department and would follow up with me via email.
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    edited July 2020
    Impressive work, getting a conference call with both parties!
    I can't imagine this is Quicken's fault. Direct Connect is generally fast. With Patelco, it varies from week to week between fast and slow - as in seconds versus minutes.
    Patelco probably hasn't had many complaints because many Q users switched to Express Web Connect. EWC is usually slower than DC, but in this case, the reverse is true. I am considering giving up and using EWC against my better judgement. Or maybe just updating my seldom-used Patelco accounts weekly instead of daily.
    may correct itself within 24-48 hours
    Ha, ha! Like a miracle, the coronavirus will just disappear.

This discussion has been closed.