Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Will it be possible to enter Check Pay for a future date - How far into the future ?

It is a definite downgrade that check pay does not permit entering a payment for a future date. This remains a valuable feature in Quickenbillpay that is not available.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    Hello @Ian Benjamin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

First, could you provide which version release of Quicken you are running?
    • Help > About Quicken
    Future dated payments with Quicken Bill Manager (Quick Pay and Check Pay) was recently added with the R27.20 version release. So, you may need to update your Quicken program. 

You can review R27.20's release notes in this support article. Scroll down to Release Notes and open the blue dropdown section titled Release R27.20 (US Versions, June 2020)

If the update is unavailable to install from the program, you can also download the US Mondo Patch Update also found in the support article provided above.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Ian Benjamin
    Ian Benjamin Member ✭✭
    I am using R26.23. Update is not showing as available. I used Mondo Patch Update and it is now working. Thank you
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Perfect! Thank you for the update and you're very welcome. :)
    -Quicken Anja
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I am using R26.23. Update is not showing as available. I used Mondo Patch Update and it is now working. Thank you
    Could you report how the new scheduling and payment processing works for you?  I was planning to wait for the automatic update to occur but might reconsider.  Do you also have Quick Pay payments and does scheduling work with them as well? 
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Ian Benjamin
    Ian Benjamin Member ✭✭
    Dialog box has added a box for the date of payment. It is a simple change.
  • desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    However, the range of dates is limited. I'm used to scheduling my mortgage payments several months in advance. I just tried to schedule my mortgage payment for September 1. Is says that I have to enter a date prior to 8/6/20. This is still a definite downgrade from Billpay.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    jrfaris said:
     I was planning to wait for the automatic update to occur but might reconsider.  
    Well, I got the "update available" notice on Wednesday and authorized the install.  So far, everything seems to be working as expected.  I've scheduled both Quick Pay and Check Pay payments although, depending on the biller, there does seem to be a limit to how far in advance Quick Pay will allow.  For my Discover card, it was a few days after the account due date.  Here is a bit of information on the new process:

Quick Pay - payments appear in the register of the payment account with "scheduled" in the Check # column until the payment date and then change to Paid afterwards.  Status reports the details and provides a confirmation number when paid.

Check Pay - appears as a check number in the payment register with a check icon
     beside it.  The status initially shows Processing but changes to "Printed and Delivered to US Mail" when that occurs.  Quicken does give what seems to be a fairly liberal delivery window when checks are being scheduled.

I'm waiting to see if these payments get processed and credited correctly.  I still have several other issues including billers that should, but do not, work with Online Bills and are therefore not available for Quick Pay.  Also utilities that insist on charging a processing fee for Quick Pay.  So even with scheduling, I'm still not sure if I can live with Bill Manager as the replacement for QBP as my primary payment method.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • desplin
    desplin Member ✭✭
    Now it is telling us that 45 days is the maximum time in the future we can schedule ahead. This is not enough for me--Maybe if we can schedule repeating payments?

> @desplin said:
    > However, the range of dates is limited. I'm used to scheduling my mortgage payments several months in advance. I just tried to schedule my mortgage payment for September 1. Is says that I have to enter a date prior to 8/6/20. This is still a definite downgrade from Billpay.
  • Joseph LaRocca
    Joseph LaRocca Member ✭✭
    I concur with the others: I want to be able to schedule estimated tax payments and property tax payments for the entire year in advance. I could do that with Bill Pay but can't with Check Pay. There are really only two bills I have that will work as desired: credit card bills. The rest I will end up having to use my bank's bill pay mechanism and then manually enter them into Quicken. This is extremely disappointing and a major step backward.

Will this be fixed eventually?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Joseph LaRocca said:  The rest I will end up having to use my bank's bill pay mechanism and then manually enter them into Quicken.
    Depending upon which bank you use - you can use your bank's online bill payment directly with Quicken.... I happen to use Chase - and setup my manual Bill Reminders.  When they become more current, I "enter" them into Quicken - perform the OSU - and they get "sent" to my Chase account, where they sit, with their future billing dates, until triggered, and paid -
    What bank do you use ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Joseph LaRocca
    Joseph LaRocca Member ✭✭
    Some other things I've noticed and don't understand completely:

1. It seems that I can create a reminder of a future manual bill, I just can't actually schedule it to be sent until it's within 45 days. However, in Bills & Income, you can only view bills that are 30 or 90 days out. If it we can schedule it as far as 45 days out, the view options should have a "45 day" option.

2. All of the bills that I pay automatically via credit card (e.g. AT&T) seem to show up in the Bills&Income section. I really just want to see quick pay and check pay items there, but there is no way to view just those two types together. So, i thought i can delete them and future instances. However, when I do that, the next time I restart Quicken, they are back in the list. So, the Bills&Income view is fairly useless to me and doesn't help me manage the bills I actually care about watching.
This discussion has been closed.