Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I get my Startup Location to be "Manage Manual Bills and Income"

Edit preferences does have an option under Startup Location for "Manage Manual Bills and Income". Quicken 2017 did have this option.

Comments

• Ken179
    Ken179 Member ✭✭
    Sorry typo. Edit preferences does NOT have .....
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Years ago, I set up a customized Home page that showed simply the Bills & Income Reminders table and a couple other items. It's very similar to the Manage MB&I table (you can actually get to Manage through the gear on that view). I then set up my Preferences to startup with that Home page.  Not exactly what you asked for but...

Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Quicken Diana
    Quicken Diana Moderator, Employee mod
    edited June 2020

Hello @ Ken179

Thank you for reaching out in the Community today. You are correct, the new version does not have the option to open on Manage Manual Bills and Income. The options available, as I’m sure you’ve noticed are the tabbed sections including HOME, SPENDING, BILLS AND INCOME, PLANNING, INVESTING, BUSINESS, RENTAL PROPERTY, ADD-ON SERVICES, MOBILE AND WEB AND TIPS AND TURORIALS. Also available are the sub tabs within these main tabs.

The option provided by @ jrfaris is a great workaround solution. If that is not what you are looking for, I hope there is an alternative provided that will suit your preference!

-          Quicken Diana 

• Ken179
    Ken179 Member ✭✭
    I had already tried what jrfaris suggested prior to opening this session. And sorry but that method is not good enough. Quicken should not have eliminated that ability, this was very poor planning and programming on their part. So, my question is when will they fix this issue? Thanks for confirming and the suggestions. And just an FYI, Quickens Bill Pay does not even come close to the standards I have been used to over the many years I have used Quicken. The Bill Pay is not user friendly and is open to users easily making mistakes and it lacks some very rudimentary processes.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been using the same customized Home page view as @jrfaris for years, because I had learned that, after a version update or reinstall of Quicken, customizations of the default Home page My Money view could / would get lost. So I created my own Home page and changed Preferences / Startup to point to my view. Problem solved.
    Are you 100% sure that, in Q 2017, you didn't point to a custom Home Page view in Startup?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Ken179

This is not a bug, it was a design change, and just like all the other people that decided that they didn't like the change you are going to just figure out how to live with it.  It highly unlikely that Quicken Inc is going to change their mind after all these years (it was changed in Quicken 2018/subscription).

In Quicken 2017 there was a separate Bills Reminders view (the same thing you would get as a pop up window with Ctrl+J).

The Bill Reminders view was removed.

They replace it with the Bills and Income & Transfers views, or if you set the "combined option" on Bills setting you have one view with Bills, Income & Transfers.

For the startup window it has to be a view or an account, not a popup window.
    Now that there isn't a Bill Reminders view, you can't set it as the start up window, that is by design, not a bug.

You can set the Bills view as the start up window , but of course that looks quite different than what you are use to.  You can also do what the other people have suggested and put what is "close" on the Home tab.  Or when you get in select Ctrl+J, or use the Tools menu or put a button for it on your Tool bar.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.