Quicken can't connect to Internet then locks up

I use Quicken for Windows on Parallels desktop for Mac. Occasionally it shows the window "Can't connect to the internet....retry, cancel, help". This displays even though I do have an Internet connection as confirmed with my browser. Now "retry" doesn't work and when I cancel it tries to connect to the Internet anyway and hangs. I have to use the task manager to cancel Quicken and restart. Very frustrating!

Comments

• Hello @raotto01

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I just have a couple questions. Are you running windows 10 in your parallels? DId you previously have quicken installed and running or is this the first time? Are you running any vpn or anything of the sort on the windows side? Antiviruses may also be a problem as well as it can block quicken.

When you get a chance let us know a couple of more details!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• PhoenixRising
    PhoenixRising Member ✭✭
    I have the same exact issue.

When connecting to the internet in Quicken Windows using Windows 10, no VPN and Parallels on a MacBook Pro, I sometimes get the same message. Not always. Seems to happen if I don't download almost immediately after opening Quicken.

Actually, I think one of the choices is "ignore", along with retry and cancel. I select ignore and it connects correctly then. Don't ask me why.
  • Shelly D
    Shelly D Member ✭✭
    I too have the same issue when using Parallels 15.1.4 (up to date version and Quicken 10 up to date). I also can choose ignore and I will connect. Do not get connection problem with any other program. Very intermittent. Not running any anti-virus & I always do not run anything in background when Quicken up.
This discussion has been closed.