Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Where is the MRU list and wnat is the file name. I

I want to edit the mru list

Best Answer

Answers

• johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    My MRU list the account name path as cloud (One Drive)  I want to change it to local  
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    If an entry in the recent files list (File menu) no longer is reachable, Quicken will offer to remove it.
    So, move the file that is in One Drive to a local location and then try to access the One Drive location, Q should ask what to do.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    I will try that.  That said, there has to be a file with the MRU.  Does anyone know the file name?
  • johnodrake
    johnodrake Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If you wish to move your Quicken data file to a different location:
    Close Quicken
    Use Windows File Explorer to locate and move the file to the desired new folder.
    Double-click the file in its new location to start Quicken using this file. This will automatically update the list of recently used files in the File Menu.
    If you follow @Greg_the_Geek 's advice and edit the file list, be aware of the following:

How to remove obsolete File or Backup Path entries from Quicken Menus

New with Quicken 2018+:
    When selecting a file name from the bottom of the File Menu and the file cannot be found, you will get prompted for an action or if you want to remove the name from the file list.
    Older Quicken versions:

You can eliminate incorrect or unused Quicken data file names or Backup Path names if you so desire.

But please be very, very careful when doing it and retain a "before image" backup copy of the .INI file you are about to edit.

Close Quicken.

Edit with Notepad or any other ASCII text editor the file
    "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Quicken\config\QUSER.INI"
    or "C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\Quicken\config\QUSER.INI" for older Quicken versions. Replace "username" in the path with your Windows account name.

In this file you will find lines looking similar to these:

[RecentFiles]

1=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\test

2=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\UKR

3=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\UKR2005-2006

4=C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\Ukr2004

[RecentBackupPaths]

BackupPath5=

BackupPath4=I:\Quicken Backup\

BackupPath3=E:\Quicken Backup\

BackupPath2=J:\Quicken Backup\

BackupPath1=H:\Quicken Backup\

Do NOT delete any lines from this file!

Just blank out the name portion after the '=' (equal sign).

[Recent Files] refers to your current "1=..." data file and 3 previously used ones.

Do not blank out "1=..." or Quicken will not know which file to start with.

[RecentBackupPaths] refers to your Manual Backup file paths, "BackupPath1=..." being the most recently used path name.

Save the changed file.

Start Quicken.

Review the results in the File menu for recent data files and/or the Manual Backup menu for Backup paths.

This discussion has been closed.