Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How do I add multiple credit cards from Capital One that are all tied to the same login info?

I have 1 Capital One login but have 3 different credit cards that are paid to them. How do I download all of them into Quicken?

Best Answers

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020 Accepted Answer
    There is an ongoing alert asking users to not add Capital One Credit as an online biller.  It has been an issue for nearly a year and was last updated in December.  @Quicken is not responsive regarding updates or progress.  Just one of many continuing Bill Manager issues.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    hoylep54 said:
    I am trying to add my online bills. I am a first time Quicken user so I am sorry if I misstated what I am trying to do.
    No need to apologize.  In retrospect, in looking at your original post, again, I should have asked for clarification in my 1st reply. 
    BTW, you can read about the Alert referenced by @jrfaris at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/ongoing-12-15-19-6-12-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers#latest.  If you click on the star to the right of the header for that Alert you will be notified if/when there are any updates made.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    edited June 2020
    I would start from Add Account (under Tools) and follow the prompts.  During the set up process, Quicken will import data files for all accounts associated with your Cap One login and will ask you to Add, Link or Ignore for each Cap One account. 
    • If you have already set up manual accounts in Quicken, be sure to select Link and then select the manual account to be linked to. 
    • If you have not set up manual accounts already, then select Add.
    This one process will set up all 3 credit card accounts for you.
    Then when you run One Step Update, Quicken will download new transactions from all 3 accounts.
  • hoylep54
    hoylep54 Member
    I have tried this 3 times now. Twice yesterday and once today. It never prompts me to Add, Link or Ignore. It just adds Capital One to my Bill List and tells me the due date is not available yet.

I know what you are telling me because I had it do that for my Chase cards.

Any other suggestions?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Add Account does not do what you say it is doing.  What you say happened is what happens when you try to set up an Online Bill.  Please clarify what you are trying to set up.
  • hoylep54
    hoylep54 Member
    I am trying to add my online bills. I am a first time Quicken user so I am sorry if I misstated what I am trying to do.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    There is an ongoing alert asking users to not add Capital One Credit as an online biller.  It has been an issue for nearly a year and was last updated in December.  @Quicken is not responsive regarding updates or progress.  Just one of many continuing Bill Manager issues.
    Quicken user since 1995
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken user since 1995
  • hoylep54
    hoylep54 Member
    I believe that - I am truly frustrated after trying so many times to get it added.
    Thanks both of you for the info. I learned from both answers.
  • Boatnmaniac
    hoylep54 said:
    No need to apologize.  In retrospect, in looking at your original post, again, I should have asked for clarification in my 1st reply. 
    BTW, you can read about the Alert referenced by @jrfaris at https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7855126/ongoing-12-15-19-6-12-19-users-unable-to-add-capital-one-ebills-online-billers#latest.  If you click on the star to the right of the header for that Alert you will be notified if/when there are any updates made.
This discussion has been closed.