Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why won't Capital One Visa download monthly bill? Shows setup but never downloads monthly statement

I just completed a chat with a quicken agent that gave me a completely incomplete answer to my problem. I asked why this biller wasn't updating. The answer was that they can only send on the information received from the biller. I agree with that but asked why they are showing this biller as a valid biller. Either they are sending quicken the billing information every month or they aren't. If they are then figure out why quicken is sending it on to me. If they aren't sending quicken the date then take them off the biller setup list so everyone quits wasting time trying to set it up. Your screen tells me that the biller was setup and waiting for next bill but I have been waiting well over a month now and can see on the Capital One site that there is a new bill. Something needs to be done one way or the other.

Comments

• Have heard back and understand that Capital One isn't working yet.
    My next question is why doesn't quicken take Capital One off the online billers list so that everyone doesn't keep trying to set this up. When they get it fixed then quicken can put them back on the list. This would make it clear that they aren't a valid biller and stop all the questions until you get it fixed.
  • timic13
    timic13 Member
    This is utterly sad. I have been paying Cap One thru Quicken via my direct connect with my bank...never had an issue. Come over to Quicken's own bill pay service and Quicken continues to show that "next amount due is unavailable from the biller", yet I have their "unavailable" next bill sitting on my desk. Now I'm not sure exactly how I am supposed to pay Cap One via Quicken.
  • Dan Miller
    Dan Miller Member ✭✭
    Is there any resolution date for this Capital One issue that has been going on for 3+ months?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    timic13 said:
    This is utterly sad. I have been paying Cap One thru Quicken via my direct connect with my bank...never had an issue. Come over to Quicken's own bill pay service and Quicken continues to show that "next amount due is unavailable from the biller", yet I have their "unavailable" next bill sitting on my desk. Now I'm not sure exactly how I am supposed to pay Cap One via Quicken.
    Let me guess you wanted to save a few bucks by dropping using a totally reliable bill system with your financial institution for the "not so reliable" new system called "Quicken Bill Manager", right?

I haven't used "Quicken Bill Pay", but before they added the bill paying part the "Bill Presentment/Online Bills" has been around for several years now, and it can be a study in frustration.  I have had bills that went from "not supported" to "support, but never downloaded for years".  And no matter how many "problem reports" were sent or such it never got fixed, so I just dropped using "Online Bills".

Not to mention the messed up predicting of bills.   As soon as you connect a bill to a reminder the estimate functions are disabled.  If you are lucky the next predicted bill will be the same as the one you just paid.  If you aren't lucky some of the bills that are in "Awaiting Next Bill" state will have the next bill amount as zero until a bill is actually sent out.  Terrible for predicting future cash flow.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.