Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Cannot view Quotes after installing Ver. R27.24 (build 27.1.27.24) on 6/24/2020.

After installing the newest update (R27.24), quotes of my stocks in my portfolio list cannot be viewed with the Investments tab. Instead there is a procedure for connecting to a brokerage, which I do not wish to do. How can the updated quotes list now be viewed?

Answers

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Following this as very curious. I have become a bit jaded and want to see the possible issues before upgrading

For me, all my stocks update with every One Step Update. I also have a brokerage account. I had thought that Quicken updates the quotes fro a One Step setting that gets the data from Quicken, not my brokerage. Are you saying that has changed @Don Snyder? I am on 26 something right now.

• KeithSCDCKeithSCDC Member ✭✭
    I have a problem, from this post, https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7872591/one-step-update-summary-x-of-y-quotes-and-investing-headlines-updated-see-a-report.

I have run a super validate and validate, still having the same issue
  • dwl1960dwl1960 Member
    Yeah... after installing 27.1.27.24 One Step Update isn't downloading quotes. If you look at the 'edit price history' it shows as '0' for today. If you go to one of the stocks in Investing/Portfolio click on it, go to 'Security Detail View', click 'Update' and either click 'Download Historical Prices' or 'Download Quotes' it appears to update them. What's up with that Quicken?

Between this and the Chase issue over the weekend... let's just say it's getting OLD.
  • dwl1960dwl1960 Member
    After installing 27.1.27.24 One Step Update isn't downloading quotes. If you look at the 'edit price history' it shows as '0' for today. If you go to one of the stocks in Investing/Portfolio click on it, go to 'Security Detail View', click 'Update' and either click 'Download Historical Prices' or 'Download Quotes' it appears to update them. What's up with that Quicken?
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth I have R27.24 installed and I'm not having this problem.

If you got the update by an automatic install, try installing using the Mondo patch.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 25
    (Removed-Language) I should have listened!! I first got blank Enter Quicken ID dialogs. Once past that One Step Update does NOT update quotes. Manually on the Investing tab does.

Can I revert to older?

I am so tired.....

• Don SnyderDon Snyder Member
    edited June 25
    Responding to Bob.........
    Hello Bob,
    I was using Quicken 'one-step update' to get quotes for a set of stocks, in the same way as you I think. The stock prices would update, and then I would export them to a text file for use in Microsoft Excel. That no longer worked after the update. I did manage to locate a page in Quicken with the updated quotes, but it was in a different layout and I was not successfully exporting to a text file. (Removed-No Soliciting) 
    Don Snyder

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Hi Don. One Step Update updated all my stocks and quotes. It does not now. I have to go to the Investing tab and click Update for them to populate. Really bums me out to add to my Quicken Broken list.

@Quicken Anja, @Quicken Sarah can we report and get this one fixed? Or can I revert without major issues?
  • bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am seeing the same issue with stocks not updating with OSU.  This seems to only be an issue with stocks.  Bonds and mutual funds update fine.   I have also tried to validate with no change.  Something definitely changed with R27.24 because I have an older computer with R27.23 and using my same data file the stock prices update fine with OSU
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    My comments on this are being removed in other topics. Not liking that.

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Please keep me updated on this. Its no fun to have to do this manually now. Hopefully its just in the One Step Update Dialog.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Well, since the market is open I need to check later today to see what is and is not working. Before Market close I always saw just two ETF's as they change during the day and all other holdings after 7 or so EST. So` will check and report in then. For now the two that always update with OSU are not but are with Update on the investing page.

Got to go out so will be late in any replies for the afternoon.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    It might not be updating Bills either!!! Cannot tell as none new now, but when I watch a OSU got through my accounts it closes before it ever shows Quotes or Bills completed in that dialog. So I cannot tell. Head's up.

Can someone confirm or deny?
  • Don SnyderDon Snyder Member
    Bob..... I found a straightforward solution that works for me. My posting on that got deleted, so I don't have a way to inform you about it. Sorry......
    If you want to revert to R27.23, just uninstall Quicken and reinstall it.

R27.24 is in "limited release mode".  As in they send it out automatically to a limited amount of people and then wait to make sure there isn't any problems before releasing to everyone.  If you install the Mondo patch during this period you are by definition joining that group of users that get it early.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Bob..... I found a straightforward solution that works for me. My posting on that got deleted, so I don't have a way to inform you about it. Sorry......

Why are our posts getting deleted?
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    If you want to revert to R27.23, just uninstall Quicken and reinstall it.

R27.24 is in "limited release mode".  As in they send it out automatically to a limited amount of people and then wait to make sure there isn't any problems before releasing to everyone.  If you install the Mondo patch during this period you are by definition joining that group of users that get it early.
    Wow. I worry about another syncing to the cloud and all the errors I got a few days ago by restoring from backup.

I had not idea limited. None. It came up as 3 updates available for me. I thought for all,. If I would have thought it was not final releases would not have touched it.

I thought of three things that may and may not be working./ I know stock updates are not from OSU. Will check the other two in a few hours.

BY the way. no Mondo patch was done.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    OK, inconclusive but a OSU did NOT update my Fidelity accounts. They did update by selecting on and updating from that register.

I unselected Quotes in OSU settings. Still could not see that Bills were getting updated as the dialog closes before there is a completed message for Bills.

SoO I am unsure if either or both of these are properly working with OSU. May take me another day to be sure.
  • chaz24479chaz24479 Member
    I have been experiencing this also on R27.24 and the previous 2 updates over the last several days. OSU downloads quotes for some stocks in my brokerage account (NUE,OGI,OHI), but not others (ABBV,AMT,CIEN,CSCO). Mutual fund and bond quotes all get downloaded. Prior to this week OSU downloaded quotes for everything without fail. I can get all of the quotes via the "manual" Update button. I've been installing updates as they become available assuming that the issue would be addressed, but so far no luck. In the future I won't be so quick to install updates.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dwl1960,  is it actually downloading a value of zero, i.e. today's date shows in the price history with a value of 0.00 next to it? That would be different and IMO a more serious problem than not downloading anything.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    I CAN Confirm it is NOT udpating my Fidelity Accounts with OSU. If I do OSU it reverts to yesterday's pre update balance. SO it is all stoks in all places on OSU.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 25
    @dwl1960,  is it actually downloading a value of zero, i.e. today's date shows in the price history with a value of 0.00 next to it? That would be different and IMO a more serious problem than not downloading anything.
    (sorry, thought you were referring to me :)

Apologies - nothing in the price day change and 0.00 in the day gain/loss. I should have been more clear.

Now more info: Everything in my watchlist Is being accurately updated except fro anything Fidelity. Fidelity is where I have two accounts and neither do they update in the registers nor the accounts on the investment tabs. So it appears it is only Fidelity that does not on OSU. But it does on Update from the account or investing tab.
    edited June 26
    Deleted.  Just confused the issue with incorrect downloaded quote.

edited June 26
    Deleted.  Just confused the issue with incorrect information.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    CISCO updates for my in my Watchlist, but I have no holdings in Cisco. All my holdings are Fidelity and that is the only one that does not update. And when updated manually ion the Investment tab, it updates the account balances in the account list.

I am going to close and retry now that investing balances are correct for the moment.

I close and reopen. Account balances are  correct. Investment tab is just like I left it.

I do a OSU. Accounts are back to yesterday's balance and Investments for Fidelity  are all empty.

I update investments from the investment tab and everything corrects very quickly.

Hope that helps. As specific as I can be.

~Bob

Prices can come from three different sources, manual entry, the third party quote service that Quicken pays for, or from the broker.

When you use the Update button on Investing tab that is the third party service.
    When you update through One Setup Update that is both from the third party quote service and the broker.  If you deselect your account(s) from the broker then it will only be from the third party quote service.

It sounds like you are getting incorrect prices/dates from Fidelity.  I have one security with them, but it is a mutual fund so it hasn't come in for the day yet.  My other securities from Vanguard are updating fine.

Note that the OFX log will have what Fidelity sent for an "as of" date and price.
    Also note that this is a direct communication between Quicken and the financial institution.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Chris, this is very hard for me to explain in pixels, but it may be both. Before today, any update always had Fidelity at least at the last know good balance. And yes, always changed in the account list when updating the investment list. It is not one. And I "feel" like it is not third party. I think Quicken is not properly talking to Fidelity since the update.

OFX showing correct date and time since I updated from investing after a failed OSU. When I get the energy I will OSU and copy what Fidelity is showing for the latest in OFX.

• ProfQuillProfQuill Member ✭✭
    I updated to R27.24 earlier today, waited long enough after market close so mutual funds had a chance to update. First took a quick look at some of my securities price history to see that it looked OK from yesterday, then did the OSU.
    I normally don't do mid-day updates, prefer after mutual fund reporting, so I get a complete picture.
    Result, everything looks fine to me now, and I do have stocks and funds in Fidelity.

The only problem is some of my stocks went down, especially utilities, but I guess Quicken can't help me with that ;-(.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    I am amazed. It is definitely not like that for me. What could possible be different? Truly, the top of my investing tab with both Fidelity accounts and 8 or 10 securities all become blank after OSU and fill in after Update from that tab.

Could this be a DSTART issue?

I also know that Quicken said updates to investments will not get historical prices but through OSU will and this is listed as a change in this version. Could it be the culprit?

I was on 26 something before today. SO a few updates likely pushed to me.

Bob. said:

Could this be a DSTART issue?

Did you check in your OFX log?

My one Fidelity security updated fine.