Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Cannot view Quotes after installing Ver. R27.24 (build 27.1.27.24) on 6/24/2020.

Answers

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    I'd be curious about your non standard preferred. I have sometimes found more than one symbol to access a stock quote. Maybe not in your example, but perhaps.

From what I hear TD America is similar to Fidelity while Vanguard is not. Regardless, I would have never know =n this if one step update continued to check both transactions and quotes.
  • brooksrs@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    I have found that when I update quotes from the Investing Tab everything works fine. If go to one of my Fidelity accounts and "update transactions" the quotes and the Day Gain/Loss revert back to the previous day's update. I can toggle this endlessly
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    ProfQuill said:
    Whew. So I see a few things here, Fidelity is extremely delayed reporting a price. Quicken thinks the price is current I guess because it has today's date.
    What algorithms Quicken uses to get the extended data, I can't say.

Hidden things like this give a real appreciation for what the Quicken Developers have to deal with.

As I said before Quicken has three sources of prices.  Manual entry, which is both entering the price for the security, or entering a transactions that has a security price in it.

The others are the broker download (OFX data) and their third party quote service (which has to have a proper ticker to work).

The real magic is deciding which one "wins" when you have multiple ones.  That is basically the part that seems to have changed for One Setup Update (but not for the Update button).

For all this time that "magic" was hiding Fidelity's (and it look like others like TD Ameritrade) really slow updates (with the exception of the securities that aren't publicly traded).
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • brooksrs@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    I forgot to add that I left the updated quotes in place overnight last night from the Investing Tab and then did an update transactions this morning on my Fidelity accounts and everything was good.
  • ProfQuillProfQuill Member ✭✭
    > @Bob. said:
    > I'd be curious about your non standard preferred. I have sometimes found more than one symbol to access a stock quote. Maybe not in your example, but perhaps.
    >
    > From what I hear TD America is similar to Fidelity while Vanguard is not. Regardless, I would have never know =n this if one step update continued to check both transactions and quotes.

Happens to be Hillman Preferred, Fidelity uses HLM.PR, Yahoo uses HLM-P, I've seen HLM_P. Looks like Quicken uses HLM-. Why there doesn't seem to be a standard for preferred stocks after all these hundreds of years, can't say.
    I just changed the symbol in Quicken to HLM-, did an update, and it found it. Now I don't know if I've ruined the link with my brokerage account, like if I do another trade with it will it come up as a new security.
    Bob, I tried to reply to your question about my preferred stock, but somehow it doesn't seem to have appeared. At the risk of redundancy, I'll repeat the essentials.
    The security is Hillman Preferred. Fidelity lists it as HLM.PR. Yahoo finds it as HLM-P. I've seen HLM_P. Quicken finds it as HLM-. I changed the symbol in Quicken to HLM- and did an update, seemed to find it. Now I don't know if Fidelity will balk if I do another trade.
    Why isn't there a standard symbol for Preferred stocks? Can't really blame Quicken or Intuit for this I guess.
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    As I said before Quicken has three sources of prices.  Manual entry, which is both entering the price for the security, or entering a transactions that has a security price in it.

The others are the broker download (OFX data) and their third party quote service (which has to have a proper ticker to work).

The real magic is deciding which one "wins" when you have multiple ones.  That is basically the part that seems to have changed for One Setup Update (but not for the Update button).

The way it has been established (prior to 27.20 +):
    The hierarchy for prices, from top (always remains) down is:

1.  Manual Price
    2.  Current Quote
    3.  Historical Quote
    4.  <UNITPRICE> from the <INVPOS> aggregate in OFX download.
    5.  Imported Price
    6.  Transaction Price

So if a transaction gets entered by the user or by a download of transactions from the brokerage, that transaction price gets entered as that day's closing price, if another price for that date is not already in place.

If the user imports prices as a csv file, those imported prices will override any transaction based prices for that date, but not prices from other sources.

If the user via OSU or other paths downloads brokerage data and the brokerage (Fidelity, Vanguard, TD Ameritrade, etc.) provides holdings data including <UNITPRICE> information, that data will override sources 5 and 6, but not 1, 2, or 3.

And so on. 

I cannot say if 27.20+ release has buggered up that hierarchy.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    ProfQuill said:
    Bob, I tried to reply to your question about my preferred stock, but somehow it doesn't seem to have appeared. At the risk of redundancy, I'll repeat the essentials.
    The security is Hillman Preferred. Fidelity lists it as HLM.PR. Yahoo finds it as HLM-P. I've seen HLM_P. Quicken finds it as HLM-. I changed the symbol in Quicken to HLM- and did an update, seemed to find it. Now I don't know if Fidelity will balk if I do another trade.
    Why isn't there a standard symbol for Preferred stocks? Can't really blame Quicken or Intuit for this I guess.
    Odd, I commented and that did not post either. Not even the wait to be approved message.

But, I said I have seen several that have different symbols in different apps like MSN or Yahoo. Glad you made progress.
  • Paul LangPaul Lang Member ✭✭
    I'm very disappointed in Quicken. Release 27.24 won't allow One Step Update. I have tried the Investing tab - that doesn't work either. All I get is the annoying Bugsplat screen. I've sent in a note on Bugsplat that reads: "Note to self, don't apply Quicken update on day of release. Wait two days for the correction to be issued." No one will read it, but I got it off my chest. This is not the first time a release has had a significant bug in it.
  • bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting...my stocks at Fidelity (and Wealthscape accounts serviced by Fidelity) are updating today.  Maybe it just has to do with not having any prices for yesterday to go back to?
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Mine did too, but with an error. Going to retry now after closing Quicken.

Odd, seems to work but OL-293-A errors.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Definitley updating both account balances and quotes, but throwing that error.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Sometimes without error. But seems to be working! I expected it would take an updated Quicken. Wonder where the problem was? Or hopefully was :)

• rlsmith01rlsmith01 Member
    Since the last Quicken Windows update to Version R27.24, I am finding a lot of my investments aren't downloading quotes with the One Step Update. Prior to the last Quicken Update, all investment quotes would update. However, under the Invest Tab, I can run Update and all investment quotes will be updated. If I rerun the One Step, the downloaded quotes revert to zero. I haven't unchecked or otherwise changed any of my investments. Is anyone else having this issue?
  • Paul LangPaul Lang Member ✭✭
    Have installed 27.24. I tried to do just a price update - no luck. Still can't download transaction data from my broker and can't update prices. Both operations crash everytime.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    Sorry to hear that Paul Fidelity seems reliably as it was before the update now. Still incredibly curious what corrected itself.
  • Greg PerkinsGreg Perkins Member ✭✭
    When I run the one step update process with the "download quotes and investment information" box checked, the process updates accounts appropriately, but reverts to quotes as of the prior day. I then have to go to the accounts and run "download quotes and investment information" to see today's valuation. I'm running Windows R27.24
  • Karen VierraKaren Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    re:  Quicken Deluxe 2020 R27.24

One Step Update is not updating Investments.  I have to go to the account and perform a manual "Update Quotes".  Can someone look into this and tell me what's happening here?
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    Are you getting an error code?  Which brokerage?  Which kind of securities...stocks, bonds, mutual fund?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.10 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • Karen VierraKaren Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    No Error Code.   It's my entire portfolio with Raymond James Investments (1 account).  This wasn't a problem until after the update.
  • MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same thing. I have 4 accounts with Stifel. After OSU, the "Day Gain/Loss" and "Price Day Change" columns were all zero for all securities in all accounts. No errors were reported. After manually selecting "Update Quotes", the values for those columns were filled in.
    Quicken Deluxe, version R27.24, build 27.1.27.24.
  • MHSwizzleStickMHSwizzleStick Member ✭✭✭✭
    And after running OSU again, many (not all) of those values reverted back to zero. I had to manually select Update Quotes again.
    I just did a standard OSU and all the Fidelity quotes are correct for today, including hi/lo/vol. I looked in the OFX log and Fidelity is still showing Friday's close price as Saturday morning 6/27 3:30 AM. So for me anyway, it seems to be working just fine as it always has. And by changing the symbol for that Preferred stock (HLM-), Quicken picked up today's price. At least my magic is back.

Very odd that with the same version and apparently similar circumstances, folks are getting different results.
  • chasfm11 .chasfm11 . Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I can run update multiple times and a number of stocks never update. I had done the mondo patch before but downloaded and installed it again. No joy. I've closed down Quicken and re-launched it. This started happening after the last Quicken update.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Yesterday Fidelity worked perfectly all day. Exactly how it was before this issue where OSU would update both the Account Balance and Quotes. This morning broken again requiring a OSU which reverts to yesterdays close price and clears Quotes and then an Update on Quotes to adjust both.

Something keeps changing. It was back to normal for me for a day.
  • bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect there is a difference on Monday due to the weekend.  I see the same issue.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree. Yesterday OSU updated Quotes as well as transactions. Today it does not update Quotes. Must be done separately.
  • IBIB Member ✭✭
    Did anyone find the cause of this? I've been having the same issue for the last few days. OSU doesn't update the quotes. But if I run Quotes-only from the gear icon, they update. Then if I run OSU again, it reverts to the old quotes.
  • Randy_PRandy_P Member ✭✭
    I reported the issue of (One Step Update updated all my stocks and quotes before version R27.24 . It does not now. I have to go to the Investing tab and click Update for them to update, If I do a one step update again the Stock Quotes are gone) with Quicken this morning. They said they would report it. We will see. I also ask the if they had the previous mondo patches on there website, so I could do a do a clean Unistall/Install with a previous patch and they said NO. Does anyone know where can I get good virus/malware free older patches?
  • SystemSystem Member ✭✭✭✭
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Why have downloaded quotes become delayed?.