Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Cannot view Quotes after installing Ver. R27.24 (build 27.1.27.24) on 6/24/2020.

Answers

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks Randy. I have the same, of course. Strangest thing is why it worked all day Monday and then broke again. I plan to call Fidelity today to alert them and maybe they can talk with Quicken and it sure feels like a Quicken issue.
  • For several days now (7/1/20) having inconsistent stock quote updates. One time will update, next time, all changes go to zero. Also problems with Citibank downloads. Pretty sure this problem is not on my end.
  • Randy_PRandy_P Member ✭✭
    Bob, I have Patch Version R26.21 installed on my laptop and it works fine. I have Version R27.24 (the problem version) installed on my PC and it is the one that has the issues. That tells me that it is the new Patch (at least for me) that is the problem. Quicken Problem.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Totally agree. And is not working as they describe.

I did get in touch with Fidelity asking them to contact Quicken ans they may get more attention than I (we) do in getting it fixed. I figure it could not hurt.
  • MishawakaKirkMishawakaKirk Member
    I too have had the same issue over the past few days;
    Multiple Investment accounts, with various brokers.
    One Step Update proceeds normally; No error is given, as it updates successfully!
    But all Brokerage accounts show the Day Gain/Loss of $0.00, which is impossible/unlikely.
    Quicken Premier, subscription
    R27.24
    Build: 27.1.27.24

Oh, unrelated, but Chase CC doesn't update either (new)
    I agree Bob, Fidelity Techs are more likely to get results than us lowly users. You and I have both been using, figuring out bugs for many years but I know how it goes.
  • weshoughweshough Member ✭✭
    edited July 1
    Another concerned Quicken user having similar problems. All of my fidelity accounts have stopped updating with transaction activity since 6/29. For example, interest earned at the end of June has not posted on Quicken. No error messages are received. Many stock prices not updating using OSU but do update when I go to the investing tab and update. I am using version R27.24. Quicken Sarah, Please look into this! >:)
    New Update --
    Not fixed, but I've noticed it works one day behind.
    i.e. Today's update shows all zero's.
    Under the Investing tab, Change the date to yesterday, and it shows the true change from yesterday.
    Update - Fidelity accounts were updated today. There also is a new Quicken update to version r27.28.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Just got excited when I saw an update to Quicken to 27.28. Had hopes but no change in Fidelity :(
    In my case, the Fidelity accounts downloaded transactions but the stock price update after OSU was not 100% updated. Only several holdings. The remaining securities were only updated after a manual update on the investment tab.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Yep. Documented above how it used to be and now how one must manually update on the Investing page and then a OSU resets accounts to yesterday and Quotes to 0.00. No change, unfortunately.
    Same here -- excited to see update, and 'what's in this update' said fixing intermittent downloading issues. Intermittent, my foot.... Seems to be the New Normal?
    Now on Premier:
    R27.28
    Build: 27.1.27.28
    NOT FIXED!

Isn't this feature the whole purpose of having Quicken connect and update values of our portfolio accounts?
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Same here -- excited to see update, and 'what's in this update' said fixing intermittent downloading issues. Intermittent, my foot.... Seems to be the New Normal?
    Now on Premier:
    R27.28
    Build: 27.1.27.28
    NOT FIXED!

Isn't this feature the whole purpose of having Quicken connect and update values of our portfolio accounts?
    The release notes are talking about downloading transactions, not quotes.
    That patch isn't for addressing this problem with the quotes.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • davidsgibson1davidsgibson1 Member ✭✭
    I have the same problem. I have two quicken files, one with all equity positions held in Fidelity accounts, the other with all Morgan Stanley accounts. The first file has the problem, the second file doesn't - consistent with what some of the others have said.
  • ProfQuillProfQuill Member ✭✭
    Updated to .28, but I for one am continuing to see no problems with my Fidelity accounts, all the price info is current (I usually run my OSU well after market close).
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Could be the mix of your securities and what you get quotes on. Unquestionably it has failed as I have detailed for me still with 28. Wish I knew what we had different.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Its working this morning. But I also thought about differences that could explain why some think it is working and I do not.

All my non-Fidelity quotes come in as always. However delayed the quote is, they update when I do a OSU

NONE of the Fidelity do.

I hold maybe 10 Fidelity securities. Of these 8 only update after close of market. But two update as all other Quotes during the day and have to be stocks as opposed to ______?

Today, a OSU takes the account balance and updates the balance including the 2 quotes that change during the day. When it is NOT working it will update exactly that way after BOTH a OSU and an Update Quotes. And a OSU alone will revert the account balance in Fidelity to yesterday's close.

I suspect those that do not see the issue do not have any holdings that change like other stock quotes do throughout the day.

Today it is working as expected. Someone though up in messages a bit thought that was because it is after the weekend. Does not make sense to me. But tomorrow would tell the tale if they were correct.

Does all that make sense? Explained well enough?

Thank you Bob. I had the same impression (that OSU was again correctly updating security prices) today when the OSU performed accurately. I was going to wait until end of the day to draw a final conclusion. But I am hopeful that last week’s problems have been resolved.
  • bmciancebmciance SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the one that pointed out about the weekend.  I only brought that up because previously it was pointed out that there is a hierarchy of price updates.  My thought is that since there was no price for yesterday from Fidelity it goes with the quote service price.  Tomorrow, when Fidelity will have a price for today, that price may override the quote service price. 

Just my thought based on all of the info I have seen in this post.  We’ll see what happens tomorrow. I hope I am wrong and the issue is fixed...
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I only have one security with Fidelity and it updates after the close, so I can't check yet, but I seriously doubt the problem is fixed because I think it would have to be in the flow of Quicken not on some server and as such will need an updated version of Quicken, which hasn't come out yet.

And the more I think of it the weekend is giving you a false sense that the problem is fixed.

The problem can be stated this way.

When you run One Step Update Quicken gets prices from two sources.
    And the problem is One Setup Update has been changed on which one it will use.

One is the the broker, and the other is their third party quote service.  Fidelity is sending out really delayed quotes, as in the closing quote for yesterday is posted today at 3AM, with today's date.

Quicken has to decide which of these two sources gives the "most accurate" information.  In the past that would have been their third party quote service, and it is still true for "Update in the portfolio".   Thereby hiding Fidelity's very stale and incorrect dated quote.

With the change to One Step Update this isn't true any more and it is picking the broker's quote over the one they get from the third party quote service.

So what is different about after a weekend?
    Fidelity isn't sending a quote for this date, and as such there is only the third party quote service price to pick from.

Fidelity quotes are delayed one day.
    So that means that you got Thursday's quote on Friday.  Like this:

You can tell the 7/3/2020 quote is from Fidelity because it has no high/low information.

So that means that you will get Monday's quote on Tuesday.  And its date will be 7/7/2020 even though the quote is really for 7/6/2020.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Chris, it is very difficult for mt to describe, but there is a difference other than that. When "broken" Fidelity quotes are NOT updated with OSU on the Investments page. When "working", they are. Forget what the account balances are or when Fidelity reports them. It makes no difference to the issue I am seeing. But updating from updated quotes always has previously updated accounts during the day. It is today. It was not Thursday.

I do understand what you are saying. I do not think that is the problem.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bob., please clarify between Stocks/etc that you hold at Fidelity, and Mutual Funds that you hold at Fidelity.
    Mutual funds NEVER post their new quotes until about 6pm Eastern.  So any downloads before that time are going to be the prior day's numbers.  Go out to Fidelity's website to confirm this for yourself.
    Stocks that you hold at Fidelity are going to post about 20 minutes after the trade. unless your account has "Real Time" access at Fidelity.
    I just did a Quotes download, and my primary stock holding updated in Real Time, confirmed by visiting Fidelity's webpage. As I write this it's 2:56pm Eastern
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks....

OK, here is one that updates "close" to real time which updates the accounts balances in Quicken.

DGRO

I prefer not to mention others. This causes me to think it is NOT the Fidelity holdings that are the issue, but the non Fidelity holdings in my Fidelity Brokerage account that are the issue when this fails.

When Quicken is working, these update with OSU. When it is not, shows.000 UNTIL a Quote Update or after market close.

Examples: FXAIX, FBALX, FFNOX all update after market close and always have. Always. Expected not to update during the day.

So more detail I did not realize before (thanks for prompting this) it is the non-Fidelity holdings in Fidelity brokerage account that change when Quicken is working as expected and when it is not. Today's latest thought :)

Helpful? This is so hard to describe, but so obvious to me after years of it working as expected. As it is today is perfect. Tomorrow may tell another tale.

• Ron StrongRon Strong Member ✭✭
    I do my OSU fairly late each day because Fidelity does not update two funds it manages for my former employer until around 9 PM mountain time. I have found that if I do the OSU from 11:30 to past midnight for normal quotes the current day quotes are included twice in the history. Once as the current day closing price with HLV data and, second, as a phony next day quote with zeroes in the HLV. The data from Fidelity only includes the current day info and not the next day. Since the two managed funds are not really mutual funds with a ticker closing price data is only accessible by using a local ticker in NetBenefits. Incidently I noticed that today's history for the stocks also included a phony line for 1/18/2038.

A view of the Price History for two stocks and one Fidelity managed fund is shown here.

View of Quicken Premier R27.24 Stock Histories on 7/6 at about 12:45 - 1:00 PM MDT. The last OSU was on 7/3/20 around 12:30 PM MDT. Remember that the market was closed Friday 7/3.

7/6/2020 - Stock A
    Date Price High Low Volume
    1/18/2038 0.0 0.0 0.0 0
    7/3/2020 56.07 0.0 0.0 0
    7/2/2020 56.07 57.39 56.01 320,726
    7/1/2020 56.46 57.47 56.325 281,027

7/6/2020 - Stock B
    1/18/2038 0.0 0.0 0.0 0
    7/3/2020 11.50 0.0 0.0 0
    7/2/2020 11.50 11.985 11.4835 25,268,547
    7/1/2020 11.49 11.75 11.24 20,572,602

7/6/2020 - Fidelity Managed Fund
    7/2/2020 367.015194 0.0 0.0 0
    7/1/2020 365.210948 0.0 0.0 0
    6/30/2020 363.559883 0.0 0.0 0
    6/29/2020 357.910294 0.0 0.0 0

As has been noted the phony-next-days quotes can be displayed on the investing screen prior to a manual update or OSU.

There is a Quicken update available but I haven't done that yet.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    OK, I have to ask you all to forgive me. This is NOT my area of expertise. There are other subjects I can talk about with confidence and conviction, but this is not one of them.

On the other hand, each time someone posts it causes me to step back and rethink and look again.  I now think this is myuch simpler than I have made it out to be.

Current thinking:

1. This is not a Fidelity issue. Coincidence. Fidelity is working as it always had.
    2. The fact that I see this in Fidelity which brought me to an incorrect assumption is that I hold non Fidelity stocks in my Fidelity brokerage account.  COINCIDENCE. This is not a Fidelity issue.
    3. Now, when I say this is working is when OSU updates ALL quotes in my Investing tab other than those which only update after market close. Like Fidelity Mutual funds. Expected behavior.
    4. When the stock quotes that I hold in Fidelity brokerage updates in Quicken, it updates my account balance for the brokerage account immediately. This is how it was before 27.24 and a "few" times since, like today.
    5. What really is broken is that SOMETIMES since 27.24 OSU does NOT update Quotes even though that is checked. When I subsequently Update Quotes manually I get the desired result.
    6. Consequently I think the problem is Quicken fails to update quotes in OSU and not always.
    7. Now I have noticed since27.24 (yes-for sure) the update icon and the message for completed has changed. I never see the "completed" for either Quotes or Update Bills. The window closes before that is done.
    8. Perhaps this is just a timing issue since 27.24?
    I think this is it. What I do not remember and will confirm the next time it "breaks" is is OSU updating or not updating ALL quotes or just the ones at the Fidelity brokerage?

Hope this helps.

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    DGRO is an ETF. So, it's quotes should be available all day, with the end-of-day quote available about 20 minutes after the market closes (unless you've got real-time privilege).
    The funds that you cite (I believe all sponsored by Fidelity) aren't going to have end-of-day quotes until about 2 hours after market close.  That's when Fidelity posts those values on their own website (although sometimes Fidelity is delayed, especially for funds with a significant foreign component).
    You can confirm all of this on Fidelity's website by looking at the values shown there.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 6
    Totally agree NotACPA. See my post before yours.
    I don't have a Fidelity account, so Im not sure whats happening there. What I still see is that when I do an Update Now (OSU), the quotes like (T) have the ame price as the previous market close date. When I go into Investing and Update-Quotes the actual current stock price is updated. So its still a Quicken Problem with OSU.
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    @Randy_P I agree.

Can you tell me when you do a OSU with Update Quotes and Update Bills, do you ever see those complete before the window closes? I think this might be a clue.