Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Changed Bank Password and Quicken will not connect

I changed my US Bank online password. I've tried to update the password related to this account in Quicken as well. I've changed it in the Quicken password vault but that doesn't seem to do it. When I try to update the account it says I need to change my pin. I try to change the pin and that doesn't seem to do anything. In another area, I can manually enter my new password and I am told it is incorrect even though I can directly log into my account on the US Bank site using that same password.

I would appreciate it if someone would help me sort through this issue. Thanks.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited June 2020
    Hello @ezridermn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. 

Since what you have done so far has failed, I suggest you try deactivating and reactivating the account. Please review this support article for instructions on how to Deactivate and this support article on how to Reactivate.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • ezridermn
    ezridermn Member
    Thank you for the information. If I deactivate and reactivate will I lose the Quicken register records currently associated with the account?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    No.  The register records are stored in your QDF file ... not in either the program or the web.
    Deactivate and reactivate touches ONLY the connection between Q and USB.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.