Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Can Quicken developers make the pop-up menus and other text throughout Quicken less dim?

Us oldsters have a hard time seeing the light gray text
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @johnodrake

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have gone ahead and changed this post to an Idea thread, please sure to navigate to the top of the post and add your vote.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you talking about register selection menus like this?
    I agree. The light gray chosen for some of these selections is a little light.
    However, the light gray selection is not available to select in this instance. The programmers appear to have chosen to mark it light gray instead of not showing the selection line at all.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    The "light gray" is "disabled" in the GUI world, and isn't something the developer choose.  When you disable a control (which can be text in a menu like this) the Windows libraries set it to gray to show that it isn't something you can select.

It is a developer choice to disable or to make it invisible.  Generally the rule on that is if you want to let the user know that something is available at times, but right now isn't available because of what you have selected or such, you disable the control.  If this control/feature will never be used in this context you make it invisible.

And Quicken is far from the only application that does this.

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/