unable to link online bill for Xfinity Mobile

i have two xfinity accounts , one for cable and a second for mobile. they use the same id and password and have worked fine until last week. now the mobile linked bill fails with cant connect message

Best Answer

Answers

• Karen Vierra
    Karen Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why we're seeing "Accepted Answer" here.  The problem still exists.    Obviously I'm not the only person having this problem.  Does anybody know if this is being worked on?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the online biller profile to locate and report any issues that you may be experiencing with this biller.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Pip031
    Pip031 Member
    Same problem but I am a new user and can not connect to xfinity account
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    > @Rich Ard said:
    > Keep getting a login failed message for comcast / infinity after the update. I even tried changing my login information with comcast / infinity. This seems to be the same issue that plagued my t-mobile account for almost a year.

STILL having this issue and there have been 2 updated to quicken now.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rich Ard said:

STILL having this issue and there have been 2 updated to quicken now.
    For a problem like this I doubt that any updates to Quicken will make a difference.  Most likely the problem has to be solved at the "back end"/third party provider level.

@Quicken_Tyka advice and contact Quicken support.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    i just talked to support, she went to check "in the back" then disconnected chat. it isn't comcast / xfinity because i even changed my login information and am able to log in and out freely on their billing site (as well as the rest of their site). I even removed the bill from the boll manager and re-created it, with the same exact message "Login failed" This needs to be escalated.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rich Ard said:
    This needs to be escalated.
    Well that is exactly what Quicken Support should have done (after checking for basic problems)
    Signature:
  • Rich Ard
    Rich Ard Member ✭✭
    the chat disconnected from the agent's end without confirmation of this happening.
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭
    spent over an hour with support chat, created test file which still failed to connect to xfinity mobile , no solution offered
  • k3lavine
    k3lavine Member ✭✭
    I've been transitioning from Bill Pay to Bill Manager; mixed results so far. WIth 2 of 3 billers I've linked so far the process seems to be unable to pickup the next bill even though I've received emails from the billers regarding the next invoice and going to their websites I see the date and amount due. For example, Xfinity / Comcast got an email on July 5th that bill is ready. Linked the biller and got the message that the link was successful but waiting for latest update (next due amount) not available. So even though I know the date and amount due, there seems to be no way to manually enter that info. How long does it take from when a biller posts the invoice that Bill Manager can pick it up.
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    xfinity login not working beginning 7/11/2020. Initially wanted more information and I made xfinity happy on internet. Still gives login or password error in Quicken when I use the credentials which work on internet. Using Quicken 27.1.27.28 in Windows 10
  • David Sellars
    David Sellars Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I have same problem. [removed - off-topic]
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Sam said:
    xfinity login not working beginning 7/11/2020. Initially wanted more information and I made xfinity happy on internet. Still gives login or password error in Quicken when I use the credentials which work on internet. Using Quicken 27.1.27.28 in Windows 10

I have the same issue. I'd call support, but I don't think they will "get it". Creating a new file will not solve this.

For me, Xfinity was not updating the online biller. So I unlinked, deleted the Xfinity biller, rebooted Quicken and went to add Xfinity as a new biller. When the authentication failed, I went to the Xfinity site and found out they changed their password format. So I had to recreate a new password. I then logged in to 2 services in each browser, 2 on each iPhone and iPad with the same new password.

Opened Quicken, went to add Xfinity again with new password and multiple "Authentication Failed" bad username or password (not true) messages.

I tend to recall that once upon a time saw similar and it was expecting a popup for a validation code. Might be wrong. But this is totally correct login/password that works in 8 other instances but not Quicken.

I'd love some help!

~Bob
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW, for me it is Xfinity internet and TV, not mobile. But the same thing.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Just off the phone with support. they say its a known issue, high priority and there is NO connectivity between Xfinity and Quicken right now at all. Says been like this about a week and half. So, I guess we just have to wait. Would be nice if there was an alert - and to be honest I have not checked but did not come up in a search for "xfinity". Might help if a few more reported the issue to support.

There you have it.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @quicken_tyka. There are actually more permutations of the issue than the alert shows, but glad to see one to follow for now. Just to be sure you are aware, Xfinity changed their password requirements sometime recently - do not know when. This is what spurred this issue on for me. And the actual message I get is "incorrect login or password" which is not true. Just FYI.

Thanks again.I almost missed paying this bill this time :)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the very first time a "biller" has made it to the announcement "section".
    Not that this the first time people have had such a problem of course.  This kind of thing has been going on for years, but just not given any "visibility" on this site.

It will be interesting to see if such announcements continue (the problems certainly will).  The backend system is just as fragile as Express Web Connect, so it isn't any surprise that we should see the same kind of things that people have endured with Express Web Connect all these years.
    Signature:
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting Chris. No wonder I have been able to see issues I thought should be in Alerts or Online Issues. I had about given up looking there first. Perhaps it will help keep some of the threads shorter knowing Quicken is aware and actually working on the issue we are about to post about.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to be having an issue (last one I think :) ) with AMEX updating the online bill as well. I have not yet tried Refresh Bill as that is what lead me to having to delete the Xfinity. So only 2 days since new bill. I'll wait another, but thought I'd check if anyone reading this is having an AMEX issue as well.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    I Refreshed from Biller and Amex updated this morning. Not sure why I have to do that nor if I will have to do that every month. But for now is accurate and in terms of Billers, only Xfinity is broken at the moment.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Tried again this morning and still unable to create an Xfinity Online Bill again.
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    And I was just successful adding Xfinity as a new online bill.
  • Sam
    Sam Member ✭✭
    Like Bob I was just successful adding Xfinity as a new online bill 7/24/2020.
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭
    But XFINITY Mobile still fails to connect
  • Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    Going to take me a few more days to see if it updates the Xfinity bill or not this month. Will post when I know.
  • jghughes3
    jghughes3 Member ✭✭
    My Xfinity MOBILE account still failing. I ran the "validate online billers" test and got the message ' one local bill missing from server has been unlinked : XFINITY Mobile'
    So, Xfinity cable works but Xfinity Mobile does not
  • Joe Pallas
    Joe Pallas Member ✭✭
    My xfinity problem is slightly different. No complaint about authentication, but it won't update to the latest bill. Claims the most recent bill is from June 9. I tried unlinking and relinking, which succeeded, but it still won't show the latest bill.
This discussion has been closed.