Home Button/Link Gone?

I used to have a button or something at the top of my QW 2020 page that let me get to a 'home' screen that showed some important graphs and key metrics. That seems to have disappeared. I think that whole toolbar did. I was able to add a toolbar and now have stuff like Print, Open, Update, Accounts, etc but still don't see any way to get to that home screen.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the far right upper hand corner of the screen.  If the "carrot" symbol is pointing down, click on it to have it point up.  That brings back the Toolbar and Main Tabs.
  • Diver42420
    Diver42420 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    > @Tom Young said:
    > Look at the far right upper hand corner of the screen.  If the "carrot" symbol is pointing down, click on it to have it point up.  That brings back the Toolbar and Main Tabs.

Thanks Tom. I see that, it's set to show them. The toolbar is showing. Ok, so it's the tabs that are missing. When I do View->Tabs to Show they're all checked (including Home which is greyed).

How do I get tabs back?
  • Diver42420
    Diver42420 Member ✭✭
    Update: I had to go into preferences, and then click "Show Classic menus" which then enabled the Show Tabs checkbox. Why are they only available under classic menus? What am I losing by using 'classic menus'?
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Update: I had to go into preferences, and then click "Show Classic menus" which then enabled the Show Tabs checkbox. Why are they only available under classic menus? What am I losing by using 'classic menus'?
    I don't know why it is, but the "Show Tabs" selection has only been available on the Classic "view" menu for some time now, but now that you've got the tabs showing you can switch back to standard menus if you wish; the tabs won't go away.  
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    BTW, what @Tom Young is referring to would be called a "caret".  ^ ˅
    A "carrot" is something that Bugs Bunny eats ... ;-)

I just read a comment from another user about a hidden keyboard shortcut to switch to the Home view from any other view ...
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877355/tips-tricks-jump-to-home-tab/p1?new=1

• MichaelCortese
    MichaelCortese Member ✭✭
    I just had this same problem. So, you need to use Classic menus (which they don't recommend) or know a secret hotkey? These "improvements" are disappointing.
  • Dan Glynhampton
    Dan Glynhampton SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just had this same problem. So, you need to use Classic menus (which they don't recommend) or know a secret hotkey? These "improvements" are disappointing.
    There's nothing secret about the hotkey - it's the first keyboard shortcut listed in the Quicken Help:

And you don't have to use classic menus all of the time, just switch to them in order to enable the "Show Tabs" item, then you can switch back to standard menus.  I don't know why the "Show Tabs" item is only on the classic menus, it hasn't always been that way and I suspect it's a bug.
    US Quicken Deluxe for Windows Subscription R28.16 on Windows 10 Pro v2004
This discussion has been closed.