Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to add or is there a way to add older transactions to new accounts?

I had to get a new laptop and cannot retrieve the data from my old one. I can retrieve transactions from March/April - is there a way that I can add transactions from the beginning of the year? When I tried it throws my balance off. Or should I just create a dummy account to hold these transactions and manually add them? New to Quicken Community.

Best Answer

Answers

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Did you make any backups?  You should always backup and save backups on a usb flash drive or somewhere external.

And what version do you have?  If you enter older transactions you might also have to adjust the beginning balance to account for them.  
  • memery2000
    memery2000 Member
    I didn't make a backup which is why I am in this pickle! At least I don't have a current one, and the hard drive failed on the old pc. Interesting that I can adjust the beginning balance which may be my salvation - is there a FAQ on doing that?
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Just type a new amount on it.  
This discussion has been closed.