Home Quicken for Windows Signing in, Passwords, and Activation (Windows)

Today's update made it impossible to reach Quicken server. Oops! Something went wrong

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know if these steps work to correct the issue.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • katrtxkatrtx Member
    Still getting this error after following the steps listed. :(
  • hurstolds1hurstolds1 Member
    Same here! Is tech support working on a resolution to this problem? Please provide an update.
    Thanks
  • beetreauxbeetreaux Member
    The workaround that peteval333 has received worked for me. Thank you! :)
  • khagankhagan Member ✭✭
    I managed to get this back up an running.
    Keeping in mind that I had previously uninstalled/reinstalled, etc so my solution may or may not work for you. I was also signed out of the app.
    I made a copy of my data file. Using the menu drop-down, loaded the copied file and was able to sign-in. Code was sent to my phone and I was back in business. I then reloaded my original file, that was now working as well.
    Hope this saves someone else the countless hours I spent trying to figure this out.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Most likely this is the same issue although I am seeing different behavior. I get 2 blank dialog boxes to enter the Quicken ID and password with no ability to enter into either of them. Unable to enter the info renders the program unusable. I have to use the Task Manager to End the Quicken program. I cannot use the workaround as described. Need a fix please.
  • DJJonesDJJones Member ✭✭
    My Quicken Premier 2020 program finally DID log in and I did not change anything other than to keep trying and this morning, first thing, 5:30am PAC TIME, I logged in. I have to assume someone found something at Corporate. I would like to recommend that Quicken Corporate POST A KNOWN ISSUES for certain types of errors and esp Logging into the Quicken Servers from WITHIN the Program....this is a weird problem that I have NEVER encountered until the new ownership bought this bundle of Quicken Programs. I was told when I bought this product here on line, that there would be NO requirement to have internet access to use the program ("standalone")....I am often in the woods without Internet Access.
  • Rick MiltonRick Milton Member ✭✭
    I don't get anything other than File and Help to select. I can't get to Edit. VERY frustrating!!
    Can Quicken please update us on the status of the resolution to this problem?
  • BS ltBS lt Member
    edited July 1
    And your workaround for the server error ALSO doesn't work since I am unable to access ....I tries to send you the info, but guess what ....server didn't work for that either .....fix it or I'm history.
  • BS ltBS lt Member
    I think I said it all earlier .....see above
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    The instructions tell me to go to the EDIT PREFERENCES screen to log out. HOWEVER, the only options are FILE and HELP. The EDIT menu isn't displayed because I can't get past the OOPS screen. Today is the first day of the 3rd quarter - there are important items which must be taken care of today.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi All,

Reports that Quicken somehow changed a Folder to Read only. Folder Name was not posted.

Reinstall Quicken according to this procedure:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7844658/installing-reinstalling-windows-quicken-subscription-editions

Please don't skip steps.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R27.42 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20175.1000

Information: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871028/quicken-bill-pay-discontinues-on-5-31-20-introducing-quicken-bill-manager

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

I don't get anything other than File and Help to select. I can't get to Edit. VERY frustrating!!
  • lacee hlacee h Member
    I was only getting file and help as well. If you look closely at the oops page in small blue print it says to sign in as a different user. Click that, type in yes. When it comes up again sign in with your usual login and password. I had to do this twice before it took but I am back in business! Hope this helps someone else today :)
    lacee h,
    Did you have to do anything else other than signing in again? If so please note.
    Thanks
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Come on Quicken tech support, this is a Sev. 1 issue, system down going on 7 days now. In my life as an IT person, a Sev. 1 took priority over everything, you work on the issue 24 hours a day until corrected. I see no updates from Quicken on an ETA for the expected fix.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Why aren't you giving us an update to revert to the -1 version so we can get back to work since it's taking so long to figure out this bug?
  • JimflateboeJimflateboe Member
    The oops logon "fix" shown on quicken.com/oops has a fatal flaw.
    I cannot logon into my quicken file which is a prereq to accessing the EDIT menu??????????
  • spm7531spm7531 Member
    Why hasn't your fix been updated so it works...se above.
    I'm not an attorney, but when I've paid for a service and have been denied access to that service for two days, not only should I be compensated for the down time, but I also think a class action lawsuit seems appropriate for denial of service. I can't pay bills, I can't review things that have downloaded into my accounts I'm totally locked out of my accounts. To say I'm not happy is an understatement. I work all day and when I get home, customer service is CLOSED. I am totally frustrated.
    Agree. This is absurd! Quicken, PLEASE FIX YOUR PROBLEM!
    I stayed home this morning so I could call Quicken support -- very helpful CSR was able to walk me through the steps to get it resolved. What is posted as the steps are not correct or are basically incomplete. I suggest you call (took about 15 minutes to get through and 10 minutes to totally resolve the issue. As I said, the steps in this not complete. You have to go to File (you can get there) and create a new account (ANY NAME) so that you can follow most of these steps. If you are a novice to Quicken (used it for 15+ years, but am not an expert), CALL support, as there are more details than this "helpful" solution gives. If your support person was as good as mine, you will be back up running very quickly. She explained that it does not happen to ALL users -- just certain softwares had the issues after the update.
  • winterskid3winterskid3 Member
    I called Support (as Rick Milton suggested) ; the number is on the bottom of the OOPS! page. Listen to the menu and push the number for Technical Support; the person was helpful and quick. Good luck!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    I am back up, I also called Quicken technical support. My situation was different as I was unable to get to any of the menu functions. The fix was simple, find my data file or most recent backup file which fortunately I do backup frequently, double-click on the data file, Quicken started, asked for my credentials which I was unable to enter previously and I was back working again.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    Can not sign out because quicken program closes and is replaced by sign-in screen
    Spoke to Quicken tech support with no wait and the gentleman had me up and running in about 5 minutes. Very impressed!
    Thanks
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    FYI, I'm on a trial McAfee VPN and enabling that vpn was the only way I could get in. I don't see this as a resolution. Why should I need to purchase another product to make Quicken work?
  • DavidDavid Member ✭✭
    This morning, I'm prompted to download a new version R27.28. There is no mention of fixing the problem discussed on this thread. Has anyone installed this update?
    Mhoski -- there should be other work-arounds if you call customer support -- I had very good success with calling as did others on here. I encourage you to call them.
This discussion has been closed.