Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

I am getting erroneous account balances from Capital One 360 accounts.

The balances reported by Quicken do not agree with Capital One online. I have also verified the account balances directly with Capital One directly.

Comments

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited June 27
    Hello @vancitters,

Thank you for taking the time to share this issue with the Community, although I apologize that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance with this, please take a moment and review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

Please also let us know the full name of the financial institution as displayed in Quicken, as well as the Connection Type being used.

You can find this information by going to Tools>Account List:

Additionally, do you receive any specific error messages?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    I’m having the same issue- Ver. R27.24 Build 27.1.27.24 Capital One 360
    I did a web connect today and the The balance
    Quicken gives is different than online one. This account is web only- I don’t manually enter any information in.
  • RobertRobert Member ✭✭
    edited July 2
    (Removed-Off-Topic)
  • vancittersvancitters Member
    I am using Quicken Premier 2020, Mac Version 5.16.1 (Build 516.33903.100) on iMac with macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave). The financial institution is Capital One 360, Connection Type: Quicken Connect.
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 1
    Hello @vancitters,

Thank you for providing the requested information!

I suggest first taking a look at the "Online Balance" of the account in Quicken, to determine what information is being provided by Capital One when performing an update.

You would then want to compare that number to the balance of your Quicken ledger, or the "Today's Balance", as that may help to identify what's causing the difference.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Natalie

• vancittersvancitters Member
    I really do not understand what you are saying. The balance in the account that shows in Quicken is not the balance that I get with a direct on line query to Capital One 360. That direct on line number is the same number I get when I call Capital One and ask a person to check the balance. Quicken erroneously reports a deposit made to another of our Capital One accounts as having been made to this one. Capital One shows the deposit as having been made to the correct account.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @vancitters

Thank you for the response, although I am sorry to hear that the trouble continues to persist.

At this time I would recommend contacting support directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the ability to initiate a screen share to view the issue in real-time to review and research this further.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka