Home Current Online Banking Issues

RESOLVED:Citi Cards Direct Connect is now broken

Answers

• Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Just worked for me as before. Not sure it will continue, but got new transactions and no errors.

• Bill BBill B Member ✭✭
    I also got the OL 332 message again this morning. Obviously not fixed as yet. Maybe tomorrow.
  • Tom11Tom11 Member ✭✭✭
    Still getting the Incorrect Customer ID or Password on Quicken Mac 5.16.1, after deactivating and trying to activate Direct Connect with Quicken. I went to CITI Cards, Profile, Other, And turned on the App Add for 10 minutes, but still no good. Not sure why these are my connected apps on the CITI website, Since I am using a MAC, maybe I should delete them all, and start over
  • enerancheneranch Member ✭✭
    Same OL-332-A error for 2 days

Just went into my Citi.com Credit Card Accounts & found Account Settings that said I did not have any "Apps with Account Access" but there was a listing for Quicken under "Manage Your Desktop Apps", so thinking the problem may be in the conflicting info I removed that reference.

I then allowed Access for the allotted 10 minutes & did the following....

One Account was Direct Connect, so I changed the method to Express Web Connect and that was able to connect and download 2 months worth of cleared transactions

The other Account was already Express Web Connect, so I used the Reset Account feature & it was able to connect & download several months of cleared transactions.

Went back into My Citi.com and it still says I have not Authorized any Desktop Apps for Access.

Does anyone know a way to clear all those past transactions without doing it one at a time??
  • RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Allow Account Access feature at Citi is for Direct Connect only. Since you did not try to re-establish D/C, you would not see a new listing appear there (if D/C had been working). 

This issue appears to be only for D/C, so not surprising that EWC would work. Also, as mentioned above, this appears to be due to maintenance at Citi. I would expect it will self-resolve after the weekend. Probably not necessary to do anything but wait.

I'll defer to the QWin folks on how to clear the duplicate transactions (I'm QMac).
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    eneranch said:
    Does anyone know a way to clear all those past transactions without doing it one at a time??
    Here is the FAQ for Quicken Windows for people not using automatic transaction entry mode.
    FAQ: I have a manual account I want to activate for downloading, how do I prevent duplicates — Quicken

For people using automatic transaction entry mode, the answer probably pretty close to the same on Windows as it would be on the Mac.

As in the transactions would be in the register with the status of New or New Match.

If possible I recommend reconciling all the transactions before you switch over so that old transactions are easily separated from the new ones (maybe restore from a backup to start over).  If you didn't reconcile, then turn on the Downloaded ID column.  The Express Web Connect transactions will start with INTUIT.

Sort by the Status column so that they are altogether.
    Watch out for the New Match as they might have matched the wrong transactions.  Un-match them as needed by clicking on their status.

Now it is just a matter if finding which are duplicates and which are really new.  The really new should be together at the end.  You can us standard Windows Multiple select and then right click to get the menu to delete them.  That is click on the first transaction.  Hold down the shift key and right click on the last transaction, and the menu with the delete transactions on it will appear.   Note I changed to right click on the second one instead of left click so that it would select the transactions and bring up the menu in one step, it could have also been shift+left click, and then right click on the last transaction.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Bob.Bob. Member ✭✭✭
    Well, not working again this morning. I did have that one successful Direct Connection last night. Hopefully it will be back again. Almost....
  • Also experiencing the same error :-(
  • kilingiros .kilingiros . Member ✭✭
    Getting OL-332-A when trying to download CITI Cards acounts. Once again, Quicken did not fail to dissapoint me, could not go 7 straight day without errors! (in this case 1 day). Do they not test thier fixes before the release fix???????
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    This is a Citi issue.  They've been doing system maintenance since Friday night.  There is absolutely nothing Quicken nor we can do to "fix" it.  Here's another thread on it you might want to look at:  https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877383/citi-cards-direct-connect-is-now-broken/p1
    If you can't wait for Citi to complete their system maintenance, you can log into your online account there and download transactions in QFX (or "Quicken") format from there or you can change your connection method to EWC which is working.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R28.10 on Windows 10)
    If my reply has helpful to you, please "Like" it so others can know it might help them, too.
  • ConnmanConnman Member ✭✭
    Same here. Happened yesterday and today. Logged in via browser before and after both days with no issues, even used the link from the troubleshooting with no issues, but Quicken insists that I have a login information issue.
  • PumphousePumphouse Member ✭✭
    Stsill broken June 28, evening.
  • kilingiros .kilingiros . Member ✭✭
    edited June 28
    (Removed-Rant)
  • enerancheneranch Member ✭✭
    I managed to get mine fixed, so far.
    I had 2 Credit Cards under one Citi.com Log-In that was giving me trouble, so I deactivated 1 account then closed Quicken, then went back into Quicken & deactivated the other Account & closed Quicken.
    Then I went into the Password Vault & removed those 2 Accounts separately, closing Quicken in between.
    Next I opened Quicken and started the process to Activate One Step Update for that Citi.com Log-In which would include both of the Credit Card Accounts; Quicken found both Accounts & I re-linked them to the Accounts in Quicken, then closed Quicken.
    I have done 2 OSU since then & both were Error free.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 28
    @kilingiros . Actually One Setup Update has been pretty much problem free for all the Direct Connect accounts I have.  It seems like to workaround whatever the problem was for Citibank Express Web Connect accounts they did something major and that has affected Citi Cards/Direct Connect for the pretty much first time in all these years.  They only other times it has been down is for a short maintenance  window on Saturday or Sunday night.

Now the Express Web Connect accounts yeah they are nothing, but trouble, because they are based on a "non standardized" system that is bound to break.  But since most financial institutions will not adopt a standard like Direct Connect that is what you are left with unless you pick only financial institutions that support Direct Connect.

This problem with Direct Connect will get resolved shortly, I have no doubt.  The very fact that people have caught it working from time to time during the weekend tells me it works, they just have to enable it.  They are purposely blocking it right now to do whatever maintenance it is they have to do.

@eneranch I think you will find that you just switched to Express Web Connect (it is called Quicken Connect if you are using Quicken Mac).  Since this problem with Direct Connect, Express Web Connect has become the default if you activate an account.  Select Ctrl+A to bring up the account list and look at the "Transaction Download" tab.

You can stick with that if you like, but before Citi Cards/Direct Connect going down a couple of days ago, Citibank checking/savings/credit cards on Express Web Connect was down for weeks.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    And those getting Express Web Connect by default might want to carefully review the tradeoffs between the 3 types of connection methods and choose the one(s) that feel most comfortable.

I like Quicken because all of your financial data is on your local system under your control, rather than being aggregated on remote third-party servers (e.g., Mint).  Being in the FI tech world for years, particularly dealing with fraud and risk, has made me just a bit paranoid about storing all my financial info on sites over which I have no control.

BTW - I'm still stumped regarding Quicken's "cloud sync".  I try to disable/prevent it, but it still seems to occur and I don't know exactly what it's doing.  That makes me nervous.

Express Web Connect behaves like Mint.  It does nightly downloads of all of your info from Citi to the remote server and presents you with portions of that info when you perform OSU.  Direct Connect and Web Connect only download from Citi to Quicken - no remote server aggregation.

If Direct Connect continues to have issues (credit Citi with repeatedly abysmal system update procedures), I can live with Web Connect.  I login to Citi anyway to check pending transactions.  Web Connect is just more cumbersome than Direct Connect.

I defer to others here if my understanding of the connection methods is incorrect.

• Movie NutMovie Nut Member ✭✭
    edited June 28
    Direct Connect has been much faster than Express Web Connect, and much less hinky (till now). I still can't get transaction download using Express Web Connect and my Credit Union since April 22nd. When OSU had major problems back in April, I moved as many accounts to Direct Connect as possible. Hopefully the comment about Citi doing maintenance is correct and this will get fixed SOON. Users should not have to keep changing Quicken connection methods and/or ensure some flag at the Banking Institution is set so things work. As I understood it when I moved my Citi Cards to Direct Connect, a representative had to enable that. And of course my biggest complaint is that when a significant issue arises that effects lots of Quicken users, we users have to scour the Web to see if we are the only ones effected or not. QUICKEN should send out email notices when these issues pop up. After all they do have all our email addresses.
    P.S. This thread is not even in the "Alerts & Known Product Issues" Category.
    "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"
  • HaapyHaapy Member ✭✭
    Called Citi CC tonight and escalated 4 times to get someone who at least opened a trouble ticket. FYI it is N2079.
    Everyone I talked to had no idea and kept saying it was Quicken's problem to which I replied, get me your supervisor. So we shall see what happens.
    BTW, best advise is to NOT deactivate and re-activate Citi CC account. Could make matters worse for you.
  • Bill BBill B Member ✭✭
    Tried downloading again this morning and am still getting OL-332-A message. Is Quicken doing anything to fix this mess? Its been three days now. Ridiculous
  • Bill BBill B Member ✭✭
    Is Quicken aware of this problem?
  • Paul EdwardsPaul Edwards Member ✭✭
    Also experiencing this error
  • Bob UhlBob Uhl Member ✭✭
    edited June 29
    Same thing here with my Citi Cards. Strangely my Citi Bank works, only the cards are broken. I contacted support on Saturday and the support representative was not able to assist at all. You would think Quicken would at least keep their support staff informed of current issues, but NOOOOO!!! I guess misery loves company!
  • pops-37pops-37 Member ✭✭
    During the last online session, Quicken encountered an online error [OL-332-A].
    several days now!!! And the alert CLOSED should be reopened as these things all happened at same time.
    And if you try update from the account it only say "an error has occurred"
    So sick of these roving problems .
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    I was surprised to see Citi using DC for its credit cards in the first place.
    I will just switch to EWC. 
    Thanks for this guide to eliminate duplicate transactions when converting to EWC:
    "Here is the FAQ for Quicken Windows for people not using automatic transaction entry mode.
    FAQ: I have a manual account I want to activate for downloading, how do I prevent duplicates — Quicken

I wonder if Citi has eliminated DC for credit card accounts since when I switched to EWC and looked at the account's online settings, Quicken does not show that DC is an available better method of connection.
    Quicken Deluxe R28.10; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • duanegorgasduanegorgas Member
    Repeated update error for Citibank online with Error code OL-332-A. I can log in directly with same password at Citibank website but not Quicken. This has happened since 06/27/2020. Needs a resolution since I don't think this is a password issue with Citibank but a Quicken update issue.
  • Jeff SkeltonJeff Skelton Member ✭✭
    first it was H-D Visa (US BANK) that quicken can't connect to. STILL NOT FIXED. now quicken tells me my password for citicards is wrong, but i can log into citicards with no problem. When all is done and said, i would really like to know where the ball was dropped, quicken or us bank and citicards ???????
  • Also having this problem with Citi for several days now...
  • JimJim Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem. I can log in to citibank website with no problem
  • leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29
    I switched to EWC from DC.  I never understood why Citi credit cards were DC connections anyway.
    Maybe Citi has eliminated DC connections for its credit card accounts, since after switching to EWC, when I look at the Online status for the account, Quicken does not indicate that a better DC connection capability is available or an option to change connection method.
    Quicken Deluxe R28.10; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
  • JimJim Member ✭✭
    Having same problem.