Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Chase Total Checking Quicken Connect Method

I have had multiple Chase credit cards for years and always used Direct Connect in Quicken to update these accounts. Two days ago on Saturday (6/27) I opened a new Chase Total Checking acct online. I tried Direct Connect on 6/28 and 6/29 and I got error message OL-301-A for the new Chase Total Checking acct. Quicken is "enabled" in my online Chase account and the new checking acct is there. I get no errors if I switch to Express Web Connect. How do I use Direct Connect in Quicken for Chase Total Checking? Do I just have to wait for them to set up the new acct or do I need to deposit some money in the new acct first or do I need to call Chase to activate it? And, if I can get it working, is there a charge for Direct Connect with Chase Total Checking? My current checking account is with Wells Fargo and they charge $3 a month.

Best Answer

• shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It works now. Apparently, it just takes some time to set up for a new account.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @shidden,

You'll need to go online to the Chase website to setup your account for Quicken.  Here's the info provided by Chase on its portal:

To activate financial management software like Quicken® and QuickBooks® (and let it access your Chase accounts), go to the person icon in the top right corner, choose "Profile and settings," then choose "AccountSafeSM" from the left side menu, then "Desktop apps." Choose "Continue" and then "Set it up" to connect the software to your Chase accounts. Keep in mind: Once you’ve set it up, you'll need to contact help and support at 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372) to remove the software's access to your accounts.

In addition, there's good news about your fees question - for personal accounts Chase does not charge for Direct Connect.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭
    I had done this already for my credit card accounts. That was what I meant when I said "Quicken is "enabled" in my online Chase account and the new checking acct is there." I also went online and checked that this was done specifically for the new checking acct and it was.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so I guess I misunderstood your first question.  Have you recently upgraded to Quicken subscription from Quicken 2017 or earlier?  If so, you should follow the guidance found here.

If not, you'll probably need to call Chase Support to get them to assist you.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, I am using latest Quicken under subscription model so I know it is current. I think the OL-301-A error has something to do with the checking account being so new or possibly because there are no transactions yet in the account. It appears I have it set up right and it is nice to know there is no charge for Direct Connect. Thanks.
  • shidden
    shidden Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    It works now. Apparently, it just takes some time to set up for a new account.
This discussion has been closed.