Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to change mortgage loan payment details

Hello,

I have a mortgage loan and at some point I successfully split the payment into principal, interest and escrow. And it is set up in Bill and Income Reminders as a recurring payment.

Now my bank has updated those values. But, where in Quicken do I go now to update the loan payment (for now and in the future) to be split into these new values?

If I go to the loan and click on "edit" next to the payment, it only lets me update "Other" (not the principal or interest).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

STeve

Comments

• Quicken Hugh
    Quicken Hugh Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @[email protected]

First, please review and edit as necessary Loan, and the Loan Payment information.
    Next, you can schedule the future-dated payments in the Bills Dashboard or the Register. 
    With those data points input/updated in Quicken, you should be better able to track your mortgage payments correctly.
  • Sorry, but I don't know where to go to edit the loan and the loan payment information. Can you provide more detailed steps?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @[email protected] the "Loan" and "Loan Payment" and "schedule the future-dated payments" in @Quicken Hugh" 's comment are all links you can click on to see a lot of details on how to do each.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • I have tried the instructions therein to no avail.

Some of the links/buttons don't match what I see.

I've been to https://www.quicken.com/support/how-set-or-edit-my-loan-payments and looked at the "Edit Loan Payment" section.

It just says to click on the "Edit Payment" link, which does not let me change change the Principal or Interest of the loan payment. I can't find where that screen is.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a follow-up response.

If this loan is connected for automatic download, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

Please let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • teendoc
    teendoc Member ✭✭
    I'm having exactly the same problem. My payment seems to change and I'm not able to edit the principal or interest amounts. Is there really no way to do this other than setting up the loan again?
  • mikehol
    mikehol Member ✭✭
    I have same problem. My property tax ans insurance changed. So my payment has been changed due to escrow. I track all this. I have found it not possible to edit payment split amounts on all future payment. I have to do each one when paying them. Don't know how Quicken can provide me with accurate mortgage payoff analysis when the correct number can be input.