Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot Edit My Profile

Hello:

A long time ago, in place far far away ..  OK, it was only April of 2019, I wrote a note about potential duplicate logins, and problems logging into a consistent profile.

Duplicate User Name ? Problems seeing full discussions and all of my posts

Quicken Sarah fixed most of that issue, thank you!  Now, when I log in, I can see all or most of my prior posts and comments and most forum functions seem to work as intended.  However, when I try to edit my profile, for example, to add my version of Quicken, I cannot edit my profile.  I go to the “What version of Quicken are you using?”, and I select, using the drop down box, the “Quicken Windows Subscription”.  Then I click on “Save”, and I get a request that says "You are attempting to perform a potential sensitive operation.  Please enter your password to continue.", with an associated blank.

So, I enter my password, and click on "Confirm".

And then, I get a message that “The name you entered is already in use by another member.”   While I can still click on Save, it doesn’t save the change, and no matter how many times I try this, (well I’ve only tried it about 6 or 8 times), it still will not allow me to make the subject change.

ARGHHH…

I know of no other BobC on this forum, and per the prior 2019 discussion, the software wouldn’t allow it, but here we are with what seems to be a related issue, still.  If there is something you can do to fix this, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
BobC

Thanks,
BobC
Quicken Subscription 2020, Build 27.1.29.20, Windows 10 Pro v 1909 Build 18363.959

Comments

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 2020
    Hello @BobC,

Thank you for sharing this issue with the Community, although I apologize that this problem is reoccurring for you.

I have made some changes from my end, so you should now be able to edit your Quicken Product info successfully, and will no longer receive the message about your Username.

Please let me know if this works for you! :smile:

-Quicken Natalie 

This discussion has been closed.