Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Cannot download transactions from Credit Union

I have an account with a credit union that I have been using for years, and have been downloading my transactions into Quicken. On my first transaction download after the latest, I got a message saying that my institution was no longer supported, and transactions were not downloaded. If I go to Account/Update now, the Update Now button in the popup box is disabled. I have multiple accounts there (checking, savings, etc), so this is a major problem for me. Why can I no longer download?

I am using Quicken Premier for Windows R27.28 build 27.1.27.28

Best Answer

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @don.kostello,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties connecting with your credit union.  If you provide us with the name of the credit union, we may be able to help you.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    I use 1st Financial Federal Credit Union in St. Charles, MO
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this your bank, with a different spelling of the name?
    If so, make sure all accounts with this bank are deactivated in Quicken, then use the Add Account process to reactivate and carefully LINK each account found at the bank to the existing account register.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @UKR,

That CU is located in New Jersey.

As best I can tell, the OP's credit union is not currently on the list of FI's having Quicken connectivity.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    First Financial is not my credit union, it's 1st Financial in Missouri. I was able to download transactions last week, so I'm not sure what changed.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @don.kostello,

Can you tell us which method you have been using for the downloads?  Is is "direct connect" "express web connect" or "web connect"?

Frankx

• don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    Express web connect
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @don.kostello,

Can you open up the account in Quicken and then click on the "Gear" icon in the upper right corner.  Select "Edit Account Details" and tell us what you see after "Financial Institution:"

Frankx

• don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    Looks like the "zzz-" at the beginning of the name is new. I did a reset, that didn't help anything
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like the "zzz-" at the beginning of the name is new. I did a reset, that didn't help anything
    They assign zzz- to a financial institution entry when it has been "obsoleted".

Either there is a different financial institution name your are suppose to be transitioning to because of some change the financial institution has made, or it means that your financial institution has decided to stop supporting Quicken.

I would contact your financial institution to see what it is.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I just looked at your screenshot again and it says that it "supports and improved connection method". That would be Direct Connect.  So maybe your financial institution is dropping Express Web Connect and only supporting Direct Connect.  You might try clicking on that link and see if it works to connect.

Note if it does you will most likely get duplicate transactions from the switch over that you will have to delete.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    When I clicked on the improved connection, it stated that there may be additional fees for that. Would those be from Quicken or my credit union?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Quicken doesn't charge additional for various connection methods - that is a warning that your FI might charge additional fees.

But I doubt that you'll be able to connect and believe that message has likely been there for some time now (i.e. - its not new)

Frankx

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    From the CU.  Q NEVER charges for any downloads.
    Many banks/CU/etc try to word THEIR charge so that it looks like the money is going to Q.  It isn't. 
    "Quicken Banking Fee" is one that has been reported often.  It looks like Q is receiving the money, yet in reality is the Bank/CU imposing the fee for allowing you to download from their site into Q.
    There are THOUSANDS of banks that don't charge.  Look around for one of them.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • don.kostello
    don.kostello Member ✭✭
    I'll call my credit union Monday. I doubt they'll charge a fee, they rarely charge fees, which is why I use them. They just may not have the transfer set up, or at least I have to ask them to allow it, I'll find out. Thanks for everyones help.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @don.kostello,

Happy to help.

It is hard to believe that your bank didn't at least give you a heads-up that they were dropping Quicken connectivity.  In addition, there is absolutely no reference to Quicken on their website either which I find surprising for a bank that did support downloads.  Likely, they just removed it.

Frankx

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭

This is what appears in the current Quicken FI directory list:
    02458 02458 02458 zzz-1st Financial FCU https://www.1stfinancialfcu.org/ 636-916-8300 https://cm.netteller.com/login2008/Authentication/Views/Login.aspx?fi=1stfinancialfcu&bn=06f34adee382af55&burlid=18f4008d61d051e5 ACTIVE BANKING&DIRECT NOT_QBP NA

I does indicate ACTIVE BANKING&DIRECT but the zzz- typically indicates no longer in use. Maybe one of the superusers has a better understanding of this list but as suggested by @Chris_QPW you will probably need to talk with the credit union.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    "I does indicate ACTIVE BANKING&DIRECT but the zzz- typically indicates no longer in use."
    The zzz- prefix overrides the rest of the entry.  What comes after is no longer applicable.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.