Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

Update Date in Register when Transaction Matched to Downloaded Transaction

Currently when you Match Transaction that Downloaded to ones already in the Register it does not update the Date of the Transaction in the register to that of the downloaded transaction. It should because that is the date of the transaction listed in the downloaded transactions is the actual date it hit the account. It is a real hassle to try and remember to check and change the date if they are different.
Tagged:
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure you would get lots of people that will argue for the opposite side of this, that they put in the date they want, and don't want Quicken touching it.

If they put this feature  in, it certainly should be optional unless they want a long thread filled with people grumbling about it being changed.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a sorta-kinda similar preference already: "Change date of checks to date when printed." So they know how to do this and make it a preference.
    There is an edge case which argues against this change. If a transaction is made at the end of a tax reporting period, you don't want its date to change to fall in the next period. If I write a check on December 29, I don't want its date to change to January 2.
    Finally, there is already a register column "Downloaded posting date" which can display this info without any changes to the existing application.
    I vote No.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.