Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

My costs for cash accounts is not a $1 cost per $1 in the account. I How do I correct cash cost?

For some reason, in two or three of my investment accounts the cash cost of a $1 in the account is something less, but when I go back and look at each transaction, they are entered correctly. For example, I may have $47,000 in cash in an investment account, but it will show in "Holdings" as having a cost of $39,000. I can find no where in any of the transaction, that I have entered anything less than a $1 per $1 Cost. How do I correct this problem.

Answers

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 3
    In those accounts, are you carrying Cash as "Cash", or as some type of investment, say a Money Market Fund?
    When you click on Investing,  Portfolio (or it's CTRL-U shortcut), what shows as Cash as the bottom line of each of these accounts.
    Also,  what Q product are you running and what BUILD of that product? Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    Also, have you explored those accounts for HIDDEN placeholder transactions?  Do EDIT, Preferences, Investment Transactions and CHECK "Show Hidden Transactions" to make any placeholders in the accounts visible.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Red RaiderRed Raider Member ✭✭
    Thanks NOTACPA - To answer your questions: The show hidden switch has been set all along. I am using Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property which is up to date.
    Yes. Cash is in a money market account called Direct Deposit I can find NO hidden placeholder accounts that have been entered that change the cost of the Direct Deposit numbers. Any other ideas? Mike
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 4
    Suggest you step holding dates back in time to see if you can identify a transaction causing the problem.  It could be further back than you realize.

Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Home
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also try doing TOOLS, Security List (or it's CTRL-Y shortcut) click on the Fund name and then click UPDATE and "Edit Price History".  Look for a price/quote that isn't $1 and delete it.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP