I can't see the downloads from Fidelity into my investment accounts.

Using Quicken Premier 2020 R27.28 downloaded and installed 3 July. This issue just started a few days ago (before the 27.28 d'load). I can connect to Fidelity and it seems I can successfully download closing prices, etc., but they do not display any of my accounts in "Investments" tab. Seems some file never refreshes or updates or if it does, something is not allowing data to display. I ran Validation: QDF - no errors and QEL - no Read errors and "All internal consistency checks passed". Now what Community?
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Seems I was able to download closing prices, etc. until about 1st, 2nd of July - after R27-24 was downloaded. I did successfully download end of June distributions (dividends paid) into three accounts. I looked at the cited "discussion". Looks like we may just have to wait on Quicken to fix. (I use Google Sheets to download same basic closing prices, etc. - not entirely dependent upon Quicken - but still, I would like to get $$ what I have subscribed to. Keep us all updated...)
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Monday night, 1858 hours CDT, I successfully downloaded and populated Quicken "Investments", with closing prices, etc. The data remained in place; they did not disappear either, as they had been doing. Back to "normal", whatever normal with Quicken is. Thanks Sherlock, but I did not need / try Ctrl+U, but I will keep it in mind...
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @jah47Ed Nope you will see the problem tomorrow.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Huh? How or why is that? Shouldn't Tuesday's closing trading data just update/overlay Monday's data? (Assuming of course that I even get data from Fidelity.)
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    OK a brief summary of what was found in that long thread.

When you do One Step Update the quotes can come from two sources, the broker and the third party quote service Quicken pays for.

For any given security there is only one price per day, so it has to choose which one to use.  So when both of these are provided Quicken has to choose which one to use.

In the past it would always choose the quote service because it provides more information like the high/low/volume.  The change that went into a patch is for whatever reason Quicken is now using the broker's price for the day.  Shouldn't matter for the price right?

Well that is true for most brokers, but there are a few like Fidelity that have been sending really "stale" prices.  As in they are one day delayed.  When they have finally sent the quotes to Quicken for say 7/2/2020, it is already 7/3/2020 at 3AM.

So you will get a quote for the closing price on 7/2/2020, but with a date of 7/3/2020.
    Note that Update on in the Portfolio will give you the price from the quote service.

So why did it work properly today?
    Because Fidelity has yet to send the Monday prices out to Quicken.
    They will be posting the prices for Monday on Tuesday at 3AM.

When you ran One Setup Update today there was only one place to get the prices, and that is the quote service, and as such you got the right prices.

Note if you look at the security price history for one of your securities you can tell when it comes from the broker because it will not have high/low/volume, just the price.  And you will see one of those for 7/3/2020 (stock market closed day) where Fidelity sent the 7/2//2020 closing price.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Sherlock's answer was a lot more brief and mine.   :)
    Signature:
  • jah47Ed
    jah47Ed Member ✭✭
    Fidelity receives in-day and closing data from third party. I didn't think Quicken provided any stock market data themselves, even if the source was a third party. So what is my/our solution? Wait on Quicken to supply a "fix"?
This discussion has been closed.