OL-297-A error...AGAIN

Craig_
Craig_ Member ✭✭
Here we go …AGAIN. I am getting an OL-297-A error with all my accounts. They are different FIs. It seems unlikely that both my FIs are doing maintenance at the same time. Neither of my FIs are reporting maintenance. Quicken is updated. My computer is updated. Internet security is updated. I have restarted everything. I have tried connecting to each individual account separately. Quicken freezes when I try to reset account. I can connect directly to my FIs outside of Quicken. I have run through the "Error When Using Online Services: OL-297, OL-296, OL-295 or Unable to Establish an Internet Connection" suggestions from Quicken. Accounts will not update with a restored backup file. I have both Fidelity Investments and NetBenefits. neither will update. My credit union will not update. I'm running Quicken Deluxe 2020 version R27.28 Build 27.1.27.28 with a valid thru date of April 13th, 2022. There are no updates available.
UPDATE: And now everything works fine. Wierd.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > UPDATE: And now everything works fine. Wierd. (sic)

Bad luck? Timing? A visit from Mr. Murphy?
    I'm glad to hear that your problem is resolved ... for now ...
    Enjoy your holiday weekend.
  • Craig_
    Craig_ Member ✭✭
    I'm really getting tired of this. I have the error again. Same issue as above. I was forced to purchase the latest version of Quicken because my old version would no longer be able to download info from my FIs. Now that I have the new version - I can't download info from my FIs. There must be a solution to this.
  • Craig_
    Craig_ Member ✭✭
    Here we go …AGAIN…AGAIN! I'm really getting tired of this. I have the error again. Same issue as before. I was forced to purchase the latest version of Quicken because my old version would no longer be able to download info from my FIs. Now that I have the new version - I can't download info from my FIs. There must be a solution to this. I am getting an OL-297-A error with all my accounts. They are different FIs. It seems unlikely that both my FIs are doing maintenance at the same time and during the week. Neither of my FIs are reporting maintenance. Quicken is updated. My computer is updated. Internet security is updated. I have restarted everything. I have tried connecting to each individual account separately. I can connect directly to my FIs outside of Quicken. I have run through the "Error When Using Online Services: OL-297, OL-296, OL-295 or Unable to Establish an Internet Connection" suggestions from Quicken. Accounts will not update with a restored backup file. If I try to reset account, Quicken freezes and the only way to close Quicken is through Task Manager. I have both Fidelity Investments and NetBenefits. neither will update. My credit union will not update. I'm running Quicken Deluxe 2020 version R27.28 Build 27.1.27.28 with a valid thru date of April 13th, 2022. There are no updates available.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review a download log file on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• To contact Quicken Support, please use this link only:
      https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support  and select Chat or Phone support.
      Phone support is only available during posted business hours. The phone number can be found at this website.
    • To start Chat or see the support phone number, your browser must allow popup windows from https://www.quicken.com
    • If you are eligible for Premium Support (purchased separately or included as part of your subscription to Quicken 2018+ Premier or HB&R) call the number that can be found at the top of your My Account page at https://www.quicken.com/my-account  (US) or https://www.quicken.com/canada/my-account (Canada) next to "Quicken Premium Support"  when you log in with your Quicken ID.
    • Other links or phone numbers found elsewhere on the Internet, even in some posts or emails received from other Community members, may not be from Quicken or may not be up-to-date. Use those at your own risk.
    • Unlike other so-called "Quicken support providers", the real Quicken Support is free for all currently supported versions.

• Craig_
    Craig_ Member ✭✭
    Thanks. After 3 hours on the chat help we got it figured out. It is my Norton VPN that is causing the problem. There is some incompatibility with Quicken. Now I have to figure out how to make them work together.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craig_ said:
    Thanks. After 3 hours on the chat help we got it figured out. It is my Norton VPN that is causing the problem. There is some incompatibility with Quicken. Now I have to figure out how to make them work together.

Have you talked to Norton Support yet?
    There have been a number of discussions about Norton VPN and Quicken not playing well together. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this and figure who needs to change what, for VPN compatibility.
  • Craig_
    Craig_ Member ✭✭
    I haven't talked to Norton yet. But I didn't have this issue until I was forced to purchase the latest issue of Quicken.
This discussion has been closed.