Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Update credit card number

My previous credit card has been compromised and now I have a new credit card and new number for that account.
How do I change my information in quicken to reflect my new account number for that credit card and not loose previous information for that account
I am running quicken for windows.
Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Valderi
    Valderi Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I had the same problem. I simply add a new credit card account, exacly as my bank did. You have to do this way if you want to be able to download your transactions from your bank in your new Account.

If you want to transfer your transactions from one account to another, you simply select all transactions you want and you right click and choose "Copy Transaction(s)". You go to the new account and right click and you select "Paste Transaction(s).

Suggestion: Don't delete your old account. Go to your "Manage Accounts" and select "Hide in Account Bar & Account List" or/and "Hide in Transactions in Entry Lists". Very simple. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.